Make this easy Trader Joe’s fish tacos recipe with just 8 ingredients + a few staples! This weeknight dinner is ready in 30 minutes!
- 10 oz. battered or breaded fish
- 15.5 oz. can black beans
- 1 red onion
- white vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 12 oz. corn tortillas
- 10 oz. shredded green cabbage
- Pre-heat oven and bake fish according to package instructions.
- Heat up beans (liquid and all!) in a saute pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice 1/2 red onion and place into a bowl and cover with white vinegar.
- Whisk together lime juice, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
- Heat tortillas over a gas stove (carefully!) or in a warm pan or microwave.
- Top warm tortillas with fish, cabbage, onions, avocado, and lime crema. Serve with black beans on the side
- FISH: choose a battered fish, I prefer the battered halibut.
- SERVE WITH: quinoa street corn salad if you want another side.
Keywords: easy fish tacos recipe, Trader Joe's fish tacos recipe, fish tacos with cod