This California-inspired turkey sausage breakfast sandwich recipe has a lot going for it. Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it’s super easy to make, AND it packs a nutritious little punch – all things that are important at breakfast time! Toasted brioche buns are topped with turkey breakfast sausage, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and sprouts. YUM. Don’t forget your favorite morning beverage, I recommend a dirty chai latte or a sweet cream cold foam. 🙂
This healthy breakfast sandwich is brought to you proudly in partnership with Jones Dairy Farm. I’m excited to partner with them again in 2023, especially because we use their products every single week. (If you’ve ever seen my Costco hauls, you’ve seen me recommend their chicken sausages in BULK!)
This recipe features the delicious Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Turkey Sausage Patties. When I’m looking for high-quality breakfast proteins, I choose Jones Dairy Farm because I love that they are a local family business, picky about their ingredients and methods, and most of all, because we love the way they taste. They take just a few minutes to prepare, making them an easy option for weekdays and weekends alike. They are also Certified Gluten-Free, allergen friendly, and made with all-natural ingredients which is especially helpful for families that need to pay close attention to ingredients and allergens.
Be sure to check out the other helpful posts brought to you in partnership with Jones Dairy Farm: easy breakfast for dinner ideas, sausage breakfast burritos, 5-minute breakfast board for kids, breakfast taquitos, and of course, my easy protein hack for kids.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
What You’ll Love About California Breakfast Sandwiches
- Tastes delicious
- Incredible flavors
- Different textures
- Easy to make (less than 15 minutes)
- Made with nutritious ingredients
- Each sandwich has 15 grams of protein
Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich Video
- Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Turkey Sausage Patties – These quick-cooking sausage patties are high-quality, taste amazing, and a great source of protein.
- Slider buns – I recommend using brioche or sweet slider buns, but you can use whatever type you prefer.
- Cheese – In keeping with the California theme, I kept it classic with pepper jack, but really any cheese goes: cheddar, havarti, even American!
- Avocado – Look for a ripe avocado that isn’t too mushy. You could also use the packages of smashed avocado if you prefer.
- Sprouts – I love alfalfa sprouts, but your store might have a whole variety of options so choose whatever sounds best. You could also use microgreens here or even a butter leaf lettuce.
- Butter – No explanation needed?! Although, you could also use a little spritz of olive oil on the bun if you prefer.
How to Make Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
This is an overview on how to make the best breakfast sandwich, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Store cooked turkey sausage in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat sausage patties in the microwave in 30 seconds increments until hot.
What to Serve with Breakfast Sandwiches
These healthy breakfast sandwiches need a simple side or two:
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you like this breakfast sandwich recipe, you might also like these other easy breakfast recipes:
- High Protein Meal Prep Breakfast
- Toast (Ricotta toast, avocado toast, pb toast, or hummus toast!)
- Acai Bowl
- Homemade Brown Sugar Oatmeal
You’ll love this California-inspired breakfast sandwich recipe that has layers of turkey sausage, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and sprouts in a brioche bun.
- 1 package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Turkey Sausage Patties
- 4 brioche slider buns
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- flaky sea salt
- 2 oz. alfalfa sprouts
- Cook turkey sausage patties according to package instructions. Top with pepper jack cheese immediately.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on buns and toast lightly on a hot griddle if desired.
- Place turkey sausage on slider bun and top with sliced avocado, a sprinkle of salt, and sprouts.
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast sandwich recipes, turkey breakfast sausage
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!