Street corn avocado toast is an easy meal and totally acceptable any time of the day!
I have an avocado toast problem.
But I guess I don’t see it as a “problem.” What’s problematic about healthy fats spread on whole-grain toast?
As you probably already know, avocado toast is a staple at our house, so I’m always looking for ways to mix it up. Topping it with eggs and cheese is standard and definitely one of my favorite ways to have avocado toast, but I also love it with everything bagel seasoning, togarashi, a drizzle of tahini, fresh cucumbers… Ok, with just about anything. (It also makes frequent appearances on instagram!)
And I definitely like avocado toast with traditional street corn flavors. Think about it. Roasted corn, fresh lime juice, a bit of spice from chili powder, and salty cojita (or feta!) cheese. All atop creamy avocado…we have alllll of the bases covered. Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet, acidic, spicy.
And it’s easy. Which is definitely my favorite type of recipe.
And it’s versatile. Sound good for breakfast? Go for it. Need a quick lunch? Perfect. Looking for a no-cook summer dinner? Done.
You NEED to try this one!
I love hearing from you guys when you make recipes you’ve found here so let me know what you think, or tag me on social media (@myeverydaytable or #myeverydaytable) so I can see your creations!Print
- 4 slices bread
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1–2 avocados (depending on size), pits removed and sliced
- 1 cup roasted corn (if using frozen, thaw or cook as directed)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cojita cheese (can also use feta)
- chili powder or tajin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- lime wedges, optional
- Toast bread and spread with mayonnaise.
- Divide avocado on toast slices and lightly mash. Sprinkle with salt.
- Top with roasted corn, sprinkle of cheese, chili powder to taste, and cilantro.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over top if using.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Sodium: 604 milligrams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 13 grams
- Cholesterol: 36 milligrams