This simple and satisfying baked kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is a whole meal cooked in one sheet pan! Made with just 5 basic ingredients + 10 min prep time, you’ll be surprised by how satisfying and yummy this sauerkraut and kielbasa recipe is. Perfect for weeknight dinners, this simple recipe is a nutritious AND delicious meal and major comfort food.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Sheet Pan Sauerkraut and Kielbasa
- How to Cook Kielbasa with Sauerkraut
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
- More Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
What You’ll Love About Sheet Pan Sauerkraut and Kielbasa
- Great flavors
- Super simple sheet pan meal
- Easy clean up
- Made with just a handful of ingredients you can find at any grocery store
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- 30 minutes total time
You’ll need just a few ingredients to make this sauerkraut and kielbasa recipe:
- Baby potatoes – You can use any type of baby potatoes, I recommend baby yukons or baby red potatoes.
- Olive oil – Use a high-quality cooking olive oil for best flavor.
- Kielbasa sausage – Look for a high-quality kielbasa smoked sausage.
- Sauerkraut – You can look for a refrigerated sauerkraut or find it in a can – either option will work. You can also look for a raw sauerkraut, but I would just serve it cold on the side. If you aren’t a fan of sauerkraut, you could omit it. (I love sauerkraut so I wouldn’t consider! ;))
- Extras – We found this kielbasa potato and sauerkraut recipe was simple and delicious all on its own, but I do have a few ideas for extras if you’re interested.
- Sliced onions – Use white onions or sweet onions and bake along with the potatoes.
- Caraway seeds – Sprinkle caraway seeds onto sauerkraut mixture.
- Rye bread – Rye bread makes a great side.
- Dijon mustard – Serve with a side of dijon mustard for dipping.
How to Cook Kielbasa with Sauerkraut
Let’s make this easy recipe! Here’s how to make it:
- Prep ingredients. Slice potatoes in half. Slice kielbasa into 2″ pieces on the diagonal.
- Prep potatoes. Place potatoes on half of the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place cut side of potatoes down on the pan in a single layer.
- Make aluminium foil pan. Fold a large piece of foil into a small tray that will fit on the other end of the sheet pan.
- Drain sauerkraut. Drain as much liquid as you can from sauerkraut and add it foil tray. Place the kielbasa slices on top of the sauerkraut.
- Bake. Bake sausage, potatoes, and sauerkraut in a preheated oven until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Serve. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Store leftover kielbasa in an airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat leftovers in the microwave or a 350 degree F oven, just until hot.
How to Serve Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed this meal to the whole family, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
I recommend serving these components separately and serving this along with some milk, bread, and fruit – that way if they decide not to eat any of the meal, they are still eating a balanced meal.
What to Serve with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
This recipe for kielbasa and sauerkraut is a full meal, but if you want to add an extra veggie, try one of these:
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Haricot Verts (or Green Beans)
- Kale and Apple Slaw
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
More Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
If you like baked kielbasa and sauerkraut recipes like this one, you might also like some of these other easy sheet pan dinners:
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Baked Gnocchi
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
This simple and satisfying kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe is a whole meal cooked in one sheet pan! Just 5 ingredients + 10 min prep time.
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 14 oz. kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 16 oz. sauerkraut, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread potatoes on half of a large baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and shake pan to coat potatoes evenly. Place cut side down on baking sheet.
- Make a foil try to fit on the other half of the sheet pan. (This is to help prevent the sauerkraut liquid from making the potatoes soggy!)
- Spoon drained sauerkraut on other side of sheet pan and top with kielbasa pieces.
- Bake until potatoes are soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 2243.5 mg
- Fat: 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 68.6 mg
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!