Air fryer broccoli and cauliflower is a super fast, super delicious, and super easy side dish that goes with just about any main meal. You’ll need just 3 basic ingredients, and this broccoli and cauliflower in air fryer cooks in under 10 minutes. Serve with air fryer bone-in chicken breast or air fryer mahi mahi for a full air fryer dinner.
The air fryer is great for things like chicken nuggets (air fryer dino nuggets anyone?) and frozen salmon, but veggies will always be my favorite. If you love roasted veggies, then air frying is the way to go. Air-fried veggies cook in about half the time of the oven and it’s always gobbled up quickly!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- How to Cook Broccoli and Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Air Fryer Cauliflower and Broccoli to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- It’s a delicious and healthy side dish
- Less than 5 minutes prep time
- Just 6 minutes cook time
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Easily adjust seasoning for different meals
- Naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan
You’ll need just a few ingredients to make this side dish:
- Broccoli florets – You can buy broccoli heads or buy florets. Just be sure to trim them to about the same floret size. If you buy the whole broccoli head, be sure to use some of the stem, too.
- Cauliflower florets – You can buy broccoli heads or buy florets. Just be sure to trim them to about the same bite-sized pieces.
- Olive oil – Use a high quality olive oil for best flavor. You can also use olive oil spray or a small amount of oil if you prefer, but I think they taste best with a nice coating.
- Sea salt – You could also season the veggies with garlic salt or seasoning salt if you prefer.
- Extra seasonings – You can add additional seasonings like fresh garlic, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning when you season with salt. When they are done cooking, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and/or grated Parmesan cheese.
How to Cook Broccoli and Cauliflower in Air Fryer
Broccoli and cauliflower in the air fryer couldn’t be easier. Here’s how we make it:
- Preheat air fryer. This helps to kickstart the cooking process. Air fry for 5 minutes, or even just while you are prepping the veggies.
- Season broccoli and cauliflower. Add broccoli and cauliflower into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt until the veggies are all evenly coated.
- Air fry veggies. Air fry until veggies are tender crisp or more (shake basket in between) for roasted with crunchy edges. Cook longer for extra crispy broccoli, just check after each minute.
How to Cook Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower in Air Fryer
Wondering if you can cook frozen broccoli and cauliflower in the air fryer? Yes, you can! I go over how to cook frozen broccoli (roasted, sautéed, microwaved, and air fried) and I’ve found that air frying for 10 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket, and then cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to reheat
Reheat veggies in the air fryer for a few minutes for best flavor or microwave, but it will lose all crunch.
How to Serve Air Fryer Cauliflower and Broccoli to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
If your kids are still learning to like broccoli and cauliflower, serve them a tiny piece (half of a floret or less) and feel free to serve them along with some dippers like ranch or ketchup if that will help.
I will say my kids prefer veggies LESS crunchy, so check after the initial 6 minutes and if the veggies are soft, they might prefer it less “roasted.”
What to Serve with Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
I love to serve this veggie side dish with an easy main dish for a meal that’s quick, easy, and nutritious:
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like this air fryer roasted cauliflower and broccoli, you might also like some of these other easy air fryer recipes:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
You’ll love this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe! Season in different ways – cooks in less than 10 min.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss to evenly coat the veggies. Transfer veggies to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
- 6 minutes will result in slightly crunchy-tender cauliflower, if you like it softer, cook for 2 or more minutes until it reaches the desired level of doneness
Keywords: air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, broccoli and cauliflower in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!