These sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven are ready in less than 30 minutes and made extra special by a flavorful Italian seasoned olive oil mixture. Full of flavor, protein, and vegetables, this easy meal takes a minimal amount of work, but you’d never guess it because it tastes delicious. Just 6 ingredients to make sausage peppers and onions in oven and so many ways to serve it.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers in the Oven:
This one pan sausage peppers and onions takes less then 10 minutes to prep so that you can get dinner on the table quickly! Here’s how they come together:
- Prep ingredients. Slice peppers and onions. Mix together olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Assemble one pan sausage and peppers. Spread veggies out on a half sheet pan and drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat veggies. Lay Italian sausages over the vegetables and bake until golden brown.
- Serve. There are so many ways to serve this hot Italian sausage sheet pan dinner, but I like serving them in garlic toasted hoagie or hot dog buns with marinara sauce and grated Parmesan cheese. More ideas below if you’d like to serve them a different way.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers FAQs:
How long will it take to cook sausages in the oven?
These oven cooked sausage and peppers take about 15-20 minutes in a 425 degree F oven. You can also broil for a few minutes at the end if you want to brown them up a bit.
How do you cut onions for onions and peppers?
Slice the peppers and onions into thin slices so they cook in 15-20 minutes.
Are baked sausage peppers and onions gluten-free?
Yes, the sausages and peppers are gluten-free, just make sure your Italian sausage is gluten-free!
To serve this as a gluten-free meal, use a gluten-free bun, gluten-free pasta, or with cauliflower rice.
How to Store Leftover Baked Italian Sausage and Peppers:
Store any leftover sheet pan sausage and peppers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in a hot skillet or microwave until heated through.
Can you cook sausage and peppers the day before?
Yes, this recipe reheats really well, so you can prep things ahead and bake them ahead and reheat before serving.
Can you freeze sheet pan sausage and peppers?
Yes, you can also freeze leftovers for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How to Serve Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers to the Whole Family:
So maybe this oven baked sausage and peppers recipe sounds great to you, but you’re worried about your kids liking it, too. It’s time to switch to one family meal!
Simply serve the bun, peppers, and sausage separately and serve it with some milk and fruit on the side. Even if they aren’t loving the veggies or sausage yet, they can eat everything else, and you won’t need to cook them a separate meal. 😉
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions in Oven Nutrition + Substitutes:
Italian sausage and peppers in oven is a healthy and versatile meal, and it’s one of the reasons I love it so much. There are multiple ways to serve it:
- Serve over pasta. You can use white, whole wheat, or gluten-free pasta options depending on your needs and preferences.
- Serve on a bun. As I mentioned, I like serving sheet pan sausage and peppers on a garlic toasted bun with marinara on the side or drizzled over the top.
- Serve with a salad. Bake sausage, peppers, and onions in oven and then serve with a simple green salad or my 5-minute chickpea chopped salad.
More Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes:
If you like this sausage and peppers sheet pan dinner, you might also like some of my other sheet pan dinner recipes:
- Trader Joe’s Italian Sheet Pan Dinner – Made with the favorite, cauliflower gnocchi! Just 5 minutes to prep.
- Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Pierogies – Just 6 ingredients to make this simple dinner that reheats well, but don’t count on leftovers.
- Sheet Pan Baked Gnocchi – Yes, you can bake gnocchi (and it turns out SO well!). Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner – Your classic roasted chicken dinner gets a weeknight dinner upgrade.
Helpful Tools to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers in the Oven:
- Half Sheet Pan – This rimmed sheet pan is made in the US (MN company!) and is made from aluminum, which helps cook your sausage, peppers, and onions in oven evenly!
- Chef Knife – Make the slicing for sausage, peppers, and onions in oven extra fast with this chef’s knife, it’s the best knife I’ve ever used!
EASY sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven takes just 30 MINUTES! Just 6 ingredients to make sausage peppers and onions in oven + different serving options.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice peppers and onion.
- Spread veggies out on a large baking sheet.
- Mix together oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat vegetables evenly and place Italian sausages over veggies.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You can broil for 1-2 minutes, 6 inches from broiler to brown sausage a bit.
- Serve as desired (ideas above) with marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include buns, marinara sauce, or Parmesan cheese.
- I like to broil the hoagie rolls/hot dog buns with butter and garlic salt (aka garlic bread) before serving.
Keywords: sheet pan sausage and peppers, sausage and peppers in the oven, sausage peppers and onions in oven