These sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven are ready in less than 30 minutes and made extra special by a flavorful Italian seasoned olive oil mixture. Full of flavor, protein, and vegetables, this easy meal takes a minimal amount of work, but you’d never guess it because it tastes delicious. Like my baked kielbasa and sauerkraut recipe, it’s made with just 6 ingredients and so many ways to serve it.
I’m always working on easy meals that are family-friendly and that come together without a ton of work (OH, and they have to taste great, too!). Ground pork stir fry, air fryer frozen salmon, slow cooker salsa chicken, and Hawaiian roll meatball sliders are some other favorites to try next.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Baked Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers Ingredients
- How to Make Sausage and Peppers in the Oven
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Sheet Pan Italian Sausage to the Whole Family
- How to Serve Sausage and Peppers
- What to Serve with Sausage and Peppers
- More Easy Dinner Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Pin this sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven recipe for later!
What You’ll Love About Baked Sausage and Peppers
- Easy, but satisfying meal
- Prep in just 10 minutes
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Many ways to serve it
- Family friendly
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers Ingredients
This easy meal is made with simple ingredients:
- Bell peppers – I’ve used yellow, orange, and red peppers, but you can use any combination of sweet peppers.
- Onion – I’ve used red onion, but yellow or white onion would also work.
- Italian sausage – Use hot or mild sausages, depending on your preference. You can also use chicken sausage.
- Olive oil – Use high quality olive oil for best flavor.
- Spices – Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes (optional)
- Marinara sauce – Use any kind of homemade or store-bought marinara sauce.
- Parmesan cheese – Optional, but a great addition if you’re serving the sausage and peppers with marinara sauce.
- Hot dog buns – If you’re serving the sausage and peppers in a bun, use a hot dog, brat, or a hoagie roll.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers in the Oven
This one pan sausage peppers and onions takes less then 10 minutes to prep so that you can get dinner on the table quickly! Here’s how they come together:
- Prep ingredients. Slice peppers and onions. Mix together olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Assemble one pan sausage and peppers. Spread veggies out on a baking sheet pan or roasting pan (lined with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up) in an even layer and drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat veggies. Lay Italian sausages over the vegetables in a single layer and bake until golden brown.
- Serve. There are so many ways to serve this hot Italian sausage sheet pan dinner, but I like serving them in garlic toasted hoagie or hot dog buns with marinara sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes for some heat. More ideas below if you’d like to serve them a different way.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to cook sausages in the oven?
These oven cooked sausage and peppers take about 15-20 minutes in a 425 degree F oven. You can also broil for a few minutes at the end if you want to brown them up a bit.
How do you cut onions for onions and peppers?
Slice the peppers and onions into thin slices so they cook in 15-20 minutes.
Are baked sausage peppers and onions gluten-free?
Yes, the sausages and peppers are gluten-free, just make sure your Italian sausage is gluten-free!
To serve this as a gluten-free meal, use a gluten-free bun, gluten-free pasta, or with cauliflower rice.
Store any leftover sheet pan sausage and peppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you cook sausage and peppers the day before?
Yes, this recipe reheats really well, so you can prep things ahead and bake them ahead and reheat before serving.
How to reheat
Reheat in a hot skillet or microwave until heated through.
Can you freeze sheet pan sausage and peppers?
Yes, you can also freeze leftovers for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How to Serve Sheet Pan Italian Sausage to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
So maybe this oven baked sausage and peppers recipe sounds great to you, but you’re worried about your kids liking it, too. It’s time to switch to one family meal!
Simply serve the bun, peppers, and sausage separately and serve it with some milk and fruit on the side. Even if they aren’t loving the veggies or sausage yet, they can eat everything else, and you won’t need to cook them a separate meal. 😉
How to Serve Sausage and Peppers
Italian sausage and peppers in oven is a healthy and versatile meal, and it’s one of the reasons I love it so much. There are multiple ways to serve it:
- Serve over pasta. You can use white, whole wheat, or gluten-free pasta options depending on your needs and preferences.
- Serve as sandwiches. As I mentioned, I like serving sheet pan sausage and peppers on a garlic toasted bun with marinara on the side or drizzled over the top.
- Serve with a salad. Bake sausage, peppers, and onions in oven and then serve with a simple green salad or my 5-minute chickpea chopped salad.
What to Serve with Sausage and Peppers
Add a simple side dish to these sausage peppers and onions in the oven:
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you like this easy sausage and peppers in the oven, you might also like some of these other easy dinner recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Half Sheet Pan – This rimmed sheet pan is made in the USA and is made from aluminum, which helps cook your sausage, peppers, and onions in oven evenly!
- Chef Knife – Make the slicing for sausage, peppers, and onions in oven extra fast with this chef’s knife, it’s the best knife I’ve ever used!
This EASY sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and made with just 6 ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice peppers and onion.
- Spread veggies out on a large baking sheet.
- Mix together oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat vegetables evenly and place Italian sausages over veggies.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You can broil for 1-2 minutes, 6 inches from broiler to brown sausage a bit.
- Serve as desired (ideas above) with marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include buns, marinara sauce, or Parmesan cheese.
- I like to broil the hoagie rolls/hot dog buns with butter and garlic salt (aka garlic bread) before serving.
Keywords: sheet pan sausage and peppers, sausage and peppers in the oven, sausage peppers and onions in oven
Pin this sheet pan sausage and peppers in the oven recipe for later!
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!