Once you make this sheet pan chicken shawarma, it turns into two separate meals! It’s the ultimate weeknight dinner hack. This oven roasted chicken shawarma is made with just 9 everyday ingredients and can then be used in in a chicken shawarma rice bowl and stuffed into fluffy pita for chicken shawarma wraps. Dinner is super fast, super easy, and super delicious.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
Chicken Shawarma Ingredients
This easy chicken shawarma recipe is made with just 9 ingredients, no speciality store ingredients needed. Here’s what you’ll need:
- chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- white onion
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- ground cumin
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
This oven roasted chicken shawarma may sound exotic, but it’s easy to make with spices you PROBABLY already have:
- Prep ingredients. Zest lemon, mince garlic, and slice onions.
- Mix together chicken shawarma marinade. In a large bowl, stir together lemon zest, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and cinnamon. Add chicken into mix and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Roast chicken shawarma. Lay onions down on a half sheet pan and top with marinated chicken. Bake until cooked through, and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Shawarma
Store any leftover chicken shawarma and onions in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to Serve Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma
This meal is part of a cook once, eat twice meal, which help you get dinner on the table more often – with less work!
Before you start baking your shawarma, decide which meal you’ll have first. With many cook once, eat twice meals, there is a particular order, but this can really go either way!
One meal is a chicken shawarma wrap and the other is a chicken shawarma rice bowl. You’ll have the chicken and onions ready-to-go for both meals!
More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
If you like this sheet pan chicken shawarma recipe, you might like some of these other sheet pan dinner recipes:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – This meal can make a mess of the stove, but not when you bake it instead! Always a family-favorite.
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers – Once you pop this easy meal in the oven, you can eat it in so many different ways…over pasta or stuffed into a bun.
- Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner – If traditional chicken dinners are your thing, this is the meal for you. And perfectly crispy chicken!
- Kielbasa and Pierogies – This meal never gets old! Veggies, protein, pasta, and potatoes all together in one easy dinner.
Helpful Tools to Make Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma
- Half Sheet Pan – This is the perfect size for your sheet pan meals, oven chicken shawarma included.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover roasted shawarma in these glass containers with airtight covers.
Make this oven roasted sheet pan chicken shawarma with just 9 basic ingredients! Then turn it into 2 different weeknight dinners.
- Prep ingredients:
Slice onion into half moons.
- Mix up marinade. In a large glass bowl, combine the lemon zest, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and cinnamon. Add chicken into mix and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread out onions onto sheet pan and top with marinated chicken thighs. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve chicken as chicken shawarma wraps and chicken shawarma rice bowls.
Keywords: sheet pan chicken shawarma, oven roasted chicken shawarma