Let’s learn how to grill kielbasa! These grilled kielbasa foil packets take just a few minutes to prep and 5 basic ingredients. After 20 minutes, you’ll be left with a flavorful packet of tender potatoes, flavorful green beans, and grilled Polish sausage. I’ll show you how to make the foil packets, and how easy and delicious it is to cook kielbasa on the grill.
If you love the convenience and clean-up of grilled foil packets are your thing, be sure to try my grilled tilapia foil packets.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
- 5 Grilling Secrets You Need to Know!
- What You’ll Love about Grilled Polish Sausage
- Grilled Kielbasa Ingredients
- How to Grill Kielbasa
- BBQ Kielbasa FAQs
- How to Store Leftover Kielbasa and Potatoes on the Grill
- More Grilling Recipes
5 Grilling Secrets You Need to Know!
Get the quick-start guide so you can grill like a pro without going to culinary school.
What You’ll Love about Grilled Polish Sausage
- The whole meal cooks together! All you need to do is prep and grill.
- Easy to prep.
- Satisfying + flavorful
- Has protein, vegetables, carbs, and fat
Grilled Kielbasa Ingredients
You’ll need just 5 ingredients to make these kielbasa packets:
- Green beans
- Baby red potatoes – Any potatoes will work, you just need them to be small enough so that they cook in 20-30 minutes
- Smoked kielbasa – Use a high-quality kielbasa for best results. I like Boar’s Head brand if you can find it.
- Butter – You could also use a drizzle of olive oil, but I prefer the flavor of butter.
- Old Bay Seasoning
How to Grill Kielbasa
Ok, let’s get to cooking kielbasa on the grill!
- Prep ingredients. Cut potatoes, slice kielbasa, and cut foil into 12-14″ pieces.
- Assemble kielbasa packets. Lay out foil and divide potatoes and green beans in the center of foil. Dot with butter and sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning (1/2 teaspoon per packet). Top with kielbasa.
- Grill kielbasa. Grill packets on a preheated grill for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
TIP: Open foil packets after cooking, even if you don’t eat them right away or they will continue cooking.
BBQ Kielbasa FAQs
Can you grill kielbasa?
Yes, you can grill kielbasa and it’s delicious and easy-to-do with no clean up required.
How long to grill kielbasa sausage?
Smoked kielbasa is already cooked, so we’re really just heating it. In this particular recipe the foil packets will cook for about 20 minutes.
What to serve with grilled kielbasa?
This kielbasa foil packet meal has every component you need, so you don’t really need to serve it with anything!
How to Store Leftover Kielbasa and Potatoes on the Grill
Store leftover grilled Polish sausage and veggies in glass storage containers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or a hot skillet until heated through.
More Grilling Recipes
If you like grilled kielbasa sausage recipes like this one, you may also like some of these other grilled recipes:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken – Serve up this simply delicious chicken breast with grilled vegetables and grilled bread and then save the leftovers for quinoa hummus bowls.
- Best Grilled Chicken Drumsticks – This easy marinade comes together with basic ingredients and gives the drumsticks amazing flavor.
- BBQ Turkey Burgers – Infuse some extra flavor into your turkey burgers with these delish burgers.
- Grilled Lake Trout – If you’ve got access to fresh lake trout, check out this recipe that gives a few seasoning and grilling options.
Did you know you can grill kielbasa? These grilled kielbasa foil packets take just a few minutes to prep and 5 basic ingredients.
- 12 oz. green beans
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 16 oz. smoked kielbasa
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- aluminum foil
Quarter or halve potatoes.
Slice kielbasa into 1” slices.
Preheat grill to medium high heat, 375 degrees F.
Cut foil into 12” squares.
Layout foil and top with potatoes and green beans and dot with butter and sprinkle with old bay seasoning.
Top with kielbasa sausage. Roll up foil and fold up the sides.
Grill for 15-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- If you can find Boar’s Head smoked kielbasa, I recommend it!
Keywords: grilled kielbasa, how to grill kielbasa, how to cook kielbasa on the grill, grilled Polish sausage