This easy chicken hummus bowl recipe comes together in just 25 minutes! These chicken quinoa bowls have loads of flavor from a BIG scoop of hummus, quinoa, a quick tomato salad, feta cheese, and of course, some sliced grilled lemon chicken. It’s the kind of meal you don’t want to end because each bite tastes SO GOOD. Let everyone assemble their own quinoa chicken bowl with the toppings and amounts they prefer – it’s a great meal to serve family style.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- What Is a Hummus Quinoa Bowl?
- What You’ll Love about Chicken Hummus Bowls
- Hummus Bowl Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Quinoa Chicken Bowl FAQs
- How to Store Leftover Hummus Grain Bowl
- Nutrition + Substitutes
- More Grain Bowl Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Hummus Grain Bowls
What Is a Hummus Quinoa Bowl?
It’s just what it sounds like! 🙂 Hummus bowls are for hummus lovers! Instead of using a small dollop of hummus as a topping, it’s used more as a base and a main component of the dish.
What You’ll Love about Chicken Hummus Bowls
- Can serve it cold – perfect meal for summer nights
- Cook once, eat twice – This meal is comes together super quick because the chicken is already cooked.
- Satisfying – It’s got all of the components of a satisfying meal: carbs, protein, produce, and FLAVOR!
Hummus Bowl Recipe Ingredients
This lemon chicken quinoa bowl comes together with basic ingredients. Summer veggies are perfect to use here!
- Quinoa – Cook quinoa in vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavor. Can also use microwavable quinoa for a shortcut.
- Tomatoes – If juicy, summer tomatoes aren’t in season, use grape or cherry tomatoes.
- White onion – I used white onions, but you could also use yellow or red.
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Hummus – Make your own or use store-bought, up to you!
- Grilled lemon chicken
- Feta cheese – I prefer the blocks of feta over the crumbles. They have so much more flavor and stay fresh longer.
- Sea salt and black pepper
How to Make Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Let me show you how easy it is to make this hummus bowl recipe!
- Prepare quinoa. Follow the instructions on your package.
TIP: Use chicken or veggie broth for extra flavor!
- Prep ingredients. Slice tomatoes and onions; chop parsley; slice cucumber; slice chicken.
- Mix together dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss with tomatoes, onion, and parsley.
- Reheat chicken. Gently reheat the grilled lemon chicken or serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Assemble bowls. Place a big dollop of hummus into a bowl or plate and top with quinoa, chicken, tomato salad, sliced cucumber, and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and season with flaky sea salt and pepper to taste.
Quinoa Chicken Bowl FAQs
What goes in a quinoa bowl?
The possibilities are endless! You can really make this your own. In this chicken and hummus bowl, we’ve got a satisfying combination of quinoa, hummus, leftover grilled lemon chicken, fresh veggies, and a sprinkling of feta cheese.
A good rule of thumb is to include a protein, some vegetables, and some flavor (hummus, dressing, cheese, etc.).
Are quinoa bowls healthy?
The term “healthy” is subjective, so it all depends on YOU! I would definitely consider this quinoa hummus bowl as nutritious, given that it’s got grain/carb, protein, vegetable, and flavor components – musts for a satisfying meal.
How to Store Leftover Hummus Grain Bowl
Store any leftovers separately in glass containers for 1-2 days. If it’s going to be longer than a day, don’t dress the tomatoes and cucumbers with salad dressing.
When you’re ready to eat, toss the tomatoes and cucumber with dressing and assemble your chicken and quinoa bowl.
Nutrition + Substitutes
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Grains – You can use any grain in this recipe. White rice, brown rice, couscous, millet, farro…truly anything will work!
- Dairy-free – To easily make this dairy-free, simply omit the feta cheese.
- More veggies – You can easily turn this into a salad by serving it over a bed of salad greens or romaine lettuce.
More Grain Bowl Recipes
If you like this grilled chicken quinoa bowl recipe, you might like some of these other grain bowl recipes:
- Chicken Shawarma Hummus Bowl – Another chicken bowl that is ready in just 15 minutes, thanks to the sheet pan chicken shawarma.
- Salmon Rice Bowls – Perfectly cooked salmon, 3 different veggies, and a creamy soy dressing to top it all off.
- Easy Bibimbap Bowls – Some traditional Korean flavors with some shortcuts.
- Greek Chicken Rice Bowls – These are the perfect meal prep meal to take for lunch or to make dinner ahead.
Helpful Tools to Make Hummus Grain Bowls
- Citrus Juicer – The best tool to get every drop out of your lemons and limes.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftovers in the storage containers. They can go from refrigerator to microwave.
The BEST chicken hummus bowl recipe with tons of flavor, textures, + veggies! This chicken quinoa bowl is ready in just 25 minutes.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 Tbsp. white onion, sliced as thin as possible
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
6 oz. prepared hummus
1-2 leftover lemon grilled chicken breasts
- 1 cucumber
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 1 lemon (can use lemon that you zested for marinade)
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. (Tip: Use broth for extra flavor!)
- Prepare ingredients:
Slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
Slice onion as thinly as possible.
Roughly chop parsley.
Slice chicken across the grain.
Assemble bowls. Reheat lemon garlic chicken gently if desired or just remove from fridge to take the chill off and serve at room temperature. Place a dollop of hummus into a bowl or onto a plate and top with quinoa, chicken, tomato salad, sliced cucumber, and feta cheese.
Drizzle with olive oil, fresh lemon juices (optional) and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grilled lemon garlic chicken should be made ahead.
Keywords: hummus bowl recipe, chicken hummus bowl, chicken quinoa bowl, quinoa chicken bowl