The second meal from the sheet pan chicken shawarma recipe is this gorgeous and delicious chicken shawarma rice bowl. Not only is this quick meal ready in 15 minutes, but it’s incredibly satisfying, and totally customizable so everyone can add their own toppings as desired.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of Contents
How to Make Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowls
These rice bowls are incredibly simple to make once the chicken shawarma is made.
- Make sheet pan chicken shawarma. Use half of it in the chicken shawarma wraps and the other half in these rice bowls.
- Make rice. Use microwavable rice for a kitchen shortcut.
- Prep toppings. Wash and slice tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce.
- Assemble bowls. Divide rice and chicken into bowls and add toppings as desired.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowls
Store any leftover rice bowl ingredients separately in the fridge for 3-4 days. It’s a great meal to prep ahead as everything keeps very well.
If you want to meal prep it, store rice and chicken in a glass storage container and pack the fresh toppings separately. Reheat rice and chicken and then add fresh toppings.
How to Serve this Meal to the Whole Family
Customizable meals like this one are great for one family meal, because everyone can add their own toppings as desired.
Rice Bowl Ingredient Swaps
It’s easy to make swaps and substitutions to these bowls because they are totally customizable!
- Grains – Swap the rice for any cooked grain. Quinoa, farro, brown rice, etc.
- Veggies – The cucumber, tomatoes, and lettuce pair really well with the chicken shawarma, but feel free to add your own depending on what you have.
- Dairy-Free – Skip the feta cheese for a dairy-free rice bowl.
- Dips – I love a big dollop of hummus on these bowls, but you could also top them with tzatziki, yogurt sauce, garlic sauce, or baba ganoush.
Helpful Tools to Make Rice Bowls
- 12″ Skillet – Give the sheet pan chicken shawarma a quick toss in the skillet to reheat it for the rice bowls.
- Flaky Sea Salt – Sprinkle the rice bowls with some flaky sea salt to taste.
Let everyone top their own chicken shawarma rice bowl for a customizable grain bowl with shawarma chicken, hummus, and fresh toppings.
1. Prep ingredients:
Make rice according to package instructions.
Thinly slice lettuce.
2. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and onions to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until hot.
3. Assemble bowls. Divide rice into bowls and top with chicken, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, hummus, and feta cheese.
- Adjust toppings to taste and preference.
Keywords: chicken shawarma rice bowl