Love egg rolls? This easy recipe for egg roll in a bowl comes together with just a few ingredients from Trader Joe’s and 10 minutes. Serve over rice or with your favorite Asian appetizers.
If you’re here because you’re a Trader Joe’s super fan, be sure to check out my easy trader joe’s recipes like street corn carnitas flat bread, easy fish tacos, vegetarian nachos, tikka masala lentils, or pollo asado quinoa bowls.
Turn a bag of Trader Joe’s groceries into dinner!
Download your FREE 5-day dinner plan + grocery list.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
- Turn a bag of Trader Joe’s groceries into dinner!
- What is Egg Roll in a Bowl?
- Trader Joe’s Ingredients to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
- How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe FAQs
- What to Serve with Egg Roll in a Bowl
- More Ground Pork Recipes
What is Egg Roll in a Bowl?
This easy recipe for egg roll in a bowl takes the flavors of the inside of an egg roll and turns them into a stir fry instead of rolling them into egg roll wrappers.
It’s a super simple meal, and this version is made with ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
Trader Joe’s Ingredients to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
You’ll need just a few ingredients to make the egg roll in a bowl:
- Vegetable oil
- Ground pork
- Coleslaw mix
- Goyza dipping sauce
How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
Let’s get to the meal, shall we?
- Brown ground pork. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet or wok and add ground pork to pan. Break up with the back of a spoon, and cook until cooked through.
- Add coleslaw and season. Stir in the coleslaw mix and goyza sauce into the browned ground pork and cook until cabbage wilts.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe FAQs
Do I have to shop at Trader Joe’s?
No! You can make egg roll in a bowl from any store. The goyza dipping sauce is from Trader Joe’s, but you can really use any Asian stir-fry sauce OR make your own.
Can you freeze egg roll in a bowl?
Yes, you can freeze leftover egg roll in a bowl for 2-3 months. Let thaw overnight before reheating in the microwave or a hot skillet until heated through.
What to Serve with Egg Roll in a Bowl
I believe that the origins of this meal came from a desire to have egg roll flavors in a low-carb form. I’m not low carb, but I love these flavors (and love how simple this meal is!) so I serve it with carbs. 🙂 You can serve with:
- Asian-style appetizers (wontons, etc.)
More Ground Pork Recipes
If you like this recipe for egg roll in a bowl, then you’ll also love these other easy ground pork recipes:
- Ground Pork Stir Fry – This stir fry combines protein, veggies, and grains … all topped with my super easy peanut sauce. It’s a MUST!
- Thai Pork Lettuce Wraps – When you’re looking for a meal that’s both light and refreshing, but also satisfying? These lettuce wraps are it. Perfect for spring and summer meals.
Shop at Trader Joe’s? This recipe for egg roll in a bowl is for you! Dinner comes together with just 3 TJ’s ingredients + 10 minutes.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 16 oz. ground pork (80% lean)
- 2 9-oz. packages shredded coleslaw mix*
- 1/4 cup Goyza dipping sauce
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Add pork to pan and break up with the back of a spatula. Cook until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix to pan and 1/4 cup of goyza sauce. Toss to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage wilts, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and serve with extra goyza sauce if desired.
- EXTRAS: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, hot sauce (chinese mustard or sriracha).
- COLESLAW: use 1 1/2-2 packages, depending on how big your pan is! It will wilt down quickly, and the more cabbage you add, the more you can stretch this meal.
- SERVE WITH: rice if desired.
Keywords: recipe for egg roll in a bowl, egg roll in a bowl recipe