This might be my favorite easy trader joe’s recipe EVER. So good. So easy. So full of vegetables and protein.
Which after a few meals of pizza, cake, burgers, and ice cream was just what I wanted and needed. Last weekend was an especially fun one, but on Sunday I was craving vegetables and protein. I thought Demi might be too, so I fixed her a meal of quesadillas with veggies and hummus and out of nowhere she requested broccoli. Thankfully we actually had some in the fridge (because who can turn down a request for broccoli!) but more importantly, I like to think that she was craving vegetables too.
Or at least that’s my story and PLEASE DON’T BURST MY BUBBLE!!!
Onto the trader joe’s chicken & vegetable curry!
This meal is perfect if you are looking for something a little lighter, but also perfect if you just need a flavorful, satisfying dinner. The vegetables are already prepped and cleaned, so all that needs to happen is to cut the chicken into little pieces, sauté, and then simmer everything together.
And if you like to prep meals ahead, it just gets better with age. Prep on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy on a busy weeknight, or to have lunches ready to go that consists of complex carbs, protein, veggies.
It’s all of the flavors you want: sweet and salty and spicy and creamy.
Let me show you how easy this chicken and veggie curry dish is:
Ingredient List: about 1.25 pounds chicken breast meat (I like the thinly sliced ones), 12 oz sweet potato ribbons, 12 oz haricots verts, 11 oz thai red curry sauce, naan or rice for serving
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces (I used a kitchen shears for this job, which makes it really easy!).
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to a large sauté pan. When oil is hot, add chicken and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add sweet potato ribbons and all of the curry sauce to the pan.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, snip the corner off of haricot verts bag and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add beans to pan, stir together, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with naan or rice.
On the Side: Prepare naan or rice as directed