The whole family will love this easy ravioli lasagna recipe, and you’ll love that it only takes 15 minutes to prep! That’s why we like to call it lazy lasagna with ravioli. 🙂 This baked ravioli lasagna is made with a few of my favorite kitchen shortcuts which makes it come together in a quick and simple way. It’s still got all of the comforting lasagna flavors, just not as much work, which makes it totally doable for a weeknight dinner.
What Is Ravioli Lasagna?
Baked ravioli lasagna is…lasagna made with ravioli! Instead of using traditional lasagna noodles, this cheater version uses ravioli as a kitchen shortcut. No boiling required and it’s got lots of cheesy flavor already!
Easy Lasagna Recipe Ingredients:
There are just 9 ingredients in this simple lasagna recipe and they are very basic, you might already have a lot of them.
- White onion
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Marinara sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Cheese or spinach ravioli
- Shredded Italian cheese
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna:
This easy lasagna recipe comes together in just a few simple steps.
- Make ground beef and sauce. Cook diced onions until soft and then add ground beef to pan. Break up with a spatula and season with salt. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until browned. Stir in marinara sauce and set aside.
- Make ricotta mixture. Stir Italian seasoning and garlic salt into the ricotta cheese.
- Assemble easy ravioli lasagna bake. Spread layer of beef sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with a single layer of ravioli, beef sauce, dollops of ricotta, shredded cheese and repeat in that order with remaining ingredients.
- Bake lazy lasagna. Bake the lasagna for just 20 minutes!
How to Store Leftover Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli:
Store this baked ravioli lasagna with ricotta in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheat in the microwave or a 350 degree F oven until warmed through.
Can You Freeze Ravioli Lasagna?
Yes, you can also freeze this lasagna for 2-3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
How to Serve Baked Ravioli Lasagna to the Whole Family:
The concept of one family meal is important to me and I highly recommend reading about my philosophy if you haven’t yet. If you aren’t sure that your kids will eat it, serve the lazy lasagna recipe with ravioli with a simple salad, (or your family’s favorite veggie), some bread, fruit, and/or milk alongside the lasagna. No need to make another meal.
Easy Ravioli Lasagna Nutrition + Substitutes:
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Serve with veggies! Serve the baked ravioli lasagna recipe with a simple green salad, (in the weeknight dinner club, we served it with a 5-minute chickpea chopped salad) or a green veggie like French green beans or broccoli.
- Less cheese – You can also decrease the amount of cheese. You can use less of the ricotta mixture and also less of the shredded cheese.
- Vegetarian – You can also make this easy homemade lasagna vegetarian by using your favorite vegetarian crumbles, or leaving them out completely.
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
If you like this lazy lasagna recipe with ricotta cheese, you might also like some of these other pasta recipes:
- Caesar Salmon Pasta Salad – Just 30 minutes to make this pasta salad that’s got a homemade Caesar dressing, pasta, lettuce, and topped with grilled salmon. My kids LOVE this meal.
- Pasta Fagioli Soup – Ready in just 30 minutes and made with my secret soup ingredient.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Pasta – Comfort food in a bowl! All the chicken Parmesan flavors you love in a simple pasta skillet.
- Kale and Sausage Pasta – This 5 ingredient, 15 minute dinner is an old favorite and great to make in a pinch.
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi – All you need to know about this cult favorite from Trader Joe’s.
Helpful Tools to Make Quick and Easy Lasagna:
- 9×13 Baking Dish – Bake your baked ravioli lasagna and take it right to the table with this gorgeous baking dish.
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan – This is the pan that gets the most use at my house! I love the tall sides so that you don’t lose food over the side.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover lazy lasagna with ravioli in these containers, then pop them in the microwave when you’re ready to reheat it.
Baked ravioli lasagna recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep! This may be called LAZY lasagna with ravioli, but it tastes like the classic dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice white onions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Turn up heat to medium-high and add ground beef to pan. Break up with spatula and season with sea salt. Cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix up ricotta cheese. Stir Italian seasoning and garlic salt into the ricotta cheese.
- Spread a layer of beef sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with a single layer of ravioli, beef sauce (about half), dollops of ricotta (about half), shredded cheese (about half) and repeat in that order with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- I used cheese ravioli, but you can really use any kind or variety that will work well with Italian flavors.
Keywords: easy ravioli lasagna recipe, lazy lasagna with ravioli, baked ravioli lasagna.