The whole family will love this easy ravioli lasagna recipe, and you’ll love that it only takes 15 minutes to prep! That’s why we like to call it lazy lasagna with ravioli. 🙂 This baked ravioli lasagna is made with a few of my favorite kitchen shortcuts which makes it come together in a quick and simple way. It’s still got all of the comforting lasagna flavors, just not as much work, which makes it totally doable for a weeknight dinner.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of Contents
- What Is Ravioli Lasagna?
- Baked Ravioli Lasagna Video
- What You’ll Love About Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- Baked Ravioli Lasagna Ingredients
- How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Ravioli Lasagna to the Whole Family
- Substitutes + Nutrition
- What to Serve with Lazy Lasagna
- More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli
- Pin this lazy lasagna with ravioli for later!
What Is Ravioli Lasagna?
Baked ravioli lasagna is…lasagna made with ravioli! Instead of using traditional lasagna noodles, this cheater version uses ravioli as a kitchen shortcut. No boiling required and it’s got lots of cheesy flavor already!
Baked Ravioli Lasagna Video
What You’ll Love About Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- Cozy, comfort food
- Classic, family-friendly flavors
- All the flavor of lasagna, not all the work!
- Made with just 9 ingredients
- Just 5 minutes to prep
- Easy to prep ahead
Baked Ravioli Lasagna Ingredients
There are just 9 ingredients in this simple lasagna recipe and they are very basic, you might already have a lot of them.
- White onion – You could also use a yellow onion.
- Olive oil – Use a high quality olive oil for best flavor.
- Ground beef – Use a lean ground beef, with whatever fat percentage you prefer. You could also use ground turkey (not 99% fat free), ground pork, or even plant-based ground “meat.”
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite brand of marinara sauce.
- Ricotta cheese – Use a full fat ricotta cheese for best flavor or fat-free if you prefer.
- Italian seasoning – You can make your own mix or use store-bought.
- Garlic salt – Use sea salt and garlic powder in a pinch for a swap.
- Cheese ravioli – Look for square-shaped ravioli. You can use different kinds of fillings for different flavors. Spinach ravioli would also work well.
- Shredded Italian cheese – I like the blend of cheeses here for best flavor, but you could also use shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
This easy lasagna recipe comes together in just a few simple steps.
- Make ground beef and sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook diced onions over until soft and then add ground beef to pan. Break up with a spatula and season with salt. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until browned. Drain fat if necessary. Stir in marinara sauce and set aside.
- Make ricotta mixture. Stir Italian seasoning and garlic salt into the ricotta cheese.
- Assemble easy ravioli lasagna bake. Spread layer of beef sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil. Top with a single layer of ravioli, beef sauce, dollops of ricotta, sprinkle with shredded cheese and repeat in that order with remaining ingredients.
- Bake lazy lasagna. Bake the lasagna for just 20 minutes! Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen ravioli?
Yes, you can use frozen ravioli, you’ll just need to add 10-15 minutes cooking time. Cover the baking dish with foil, and after 30 minutes, remove the foil.
Can I make ravioli lasagna ahead?
Yes! There are a few ways to prep things ahead:
- Prep only – Make ground beef mixture; mix up Italian ricotta cheese mixture. Store components in the refrigerator and assemble and bake when ready.
- Assemble completely – Prep ahead, but instead of baking, cover baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate. When ready to cook, remove from fridge while oven is preheating and bake.
Store this baked ravioli lasagna with ricotta in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to reheat
Reheat in the microwave or a 350 degree F oven until warmed through.
Can You Freeze Ravioli Lasagna?
Yes, you can also freeze this lasagna for 2-3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
How to Serve Ravioli Lasagna to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
The concept of one family meal is important to me and I highly recommend reading about my philosophy if you haven’t yet. If you aren’t sure that your kids will eat it, serve the lazy lasagna recipe with ravioli with a simple salad, (or your family’s favorite veggie), some bread, fruit, and/or milk alongside the lasagna. No need to make another meal.
Substitutes + Nutrition
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Serve with veggies! Serve the baked ravioli lasagna recipe with a simple green salad, (in the weeknight dinner club, we served it with a 5-minute chickpea chopped salad) or a green veggie like French green beans or broccoli.
- Less cheese – You can also decrease the amount of cheese. You can use less of the ricotta mixture and also less of the shredded cheese.
- Vegetarian – You can also make this easy homemade lasagna vegetarian by using your favorite vegetarian crumbles, or leaving them out completely.
What to Serve with Lazy Lasagna
All this cozy meal needs is a vegetable side or salad:
More Easy Pasta Recipes
If you like this lazy lasagna recipe, you might also like these other easy pasta recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still trying to figure out what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli
- 9×13 Baking Dish – Bake your baked ravioli lasagna and take it right to the table with this gorgeous baking dish.
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan – This is the pan that gets the most use at my house! I love the tall sides so that you don’t lose food over the side.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover lazy lasagna with ravioli in these containers, then pop them in the microwave when you’re ready to reheat it.
Baked ravioli lasagna recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep! This may be called LAZY lasagna with ravioli, but it tastes like the classic dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice white onions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Turn up heat to medium-high and add ground beef to pan. Break up with spatula and season with sea salt. Cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix up ricotta cheese. Stir Italian seasoning and garlic salt into the ricotta cheese.
- Spread a layer of beef sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with a single layer of ravioli, beef sauce (about half), dollops of ricotta (about half), shredded cheese (about half) and repeat in that order with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- I used cheese ravioli, but you can really use any kind or variety that will work well with Italian flavors.
Keywords: easy ravioli lasagna recipe, lazy lasagna with ravioli, baked ravioli lasagna.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!