If you’re looking for some simple recipes for frozen peas, this is it! This sauteed frozen peas recipe comes together in LESS THAN 5-minutes and has great sweet and savor flavor that will compliment just about any dish.
They are pictured here with my slow cooker butter chicken, but would also pair well with mini bbq meatloaf, herb panko baked fish, or slow cooker whole chicken.
How to Make Frozen Peas Recipe:
When I want recipes for frozen peas, I want them to be super easy! And this one is just that, it requires just a few ingredients and a few minutes to make. I love serving it with my crock pot butter chicken, but it’s really a great vegetable side dish for any main meal.
Frozen Peas FAQs:
Are frozen peas cooked?
Yes, frozen peas are flash-steamed before they are frozen, which is why they cook so quickly…and why they can go from perfect to overcooked so quickly.
Are frozen peas healthy?
Yes! Frozen vegetables are cooked and frozen right after harvest, so they are actually fresher than non-frozen veggies.
Also, they are incredibly convenient and affordable, which can both be barriers to healthy food access. Don’t have a veggie side for dinner? Frozen peas to the rescue!
What to do with frozen peas?
You can keep the frozen peas super simple, I like sautéing them in a little butter like I have in this recipe, and adding a little sweet and savory flavor can be nice, but microwaving them also does the job. 🙂
Frozen Peas Nutrition:
There are so many questions when it comes to frozen peas! How many carbs in frozen peas? How many calories?
But beyond the carbs and calories, peas are incredibly nutrient-rich.
Each 2/3 cup serving of frozen peas have 70 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and 40% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. Basically a super food! (That term means nothing, but I do think the mighty pea is often overlooked.)
More Simple Side Dish Recipes:
If you like this recipe for frozen peas, you might also like some of these other simple side dish recipes:
- Easiest Haricot Verts – Just 2 ingredients + 10 minutes to make this simple side that goes with just about everything.
- Cheesy Diced Potato Casserole – It’s the classic cheesy potatoes but with a few extras to give it major flavor.
- Simple Green Salad – The 10-minute salad with homemade dressing and plenty of different colors and textures.
- Broiled Asparagus – Quick and simple and ready in 10 minutes. Perfect with spicy garlic shrimp and orzo, mini bbq meatloaf, or turkey meatloaf.
5-Minute Sautéed Frozen Peas Recipe
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Skillet
- Diet: Vegetarian
Looking for some simple recipes for frozen peas? This 5-minute and 4-ingredient frozen peas recipe is the perfect veggie side for any meal.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
- Heat remaining butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add peas and garlic to pan and cover. Stir occasionally. Cook for 3-4 minutes until hot, stir in honey, and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- To make plain sautéed frozen peas, you can omit the garlic and honey.
Keywords: frozen peas recipes with frozen peas, frozen peas recipe, recipes for frozen peas
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.