My turkey sliders recipe are an EASY, satisfying, and family-friendly meal that comes together in 30 minutes. These Hawaiian roll turkey sliders have layers of dijon mustard spread, smoked deli turkey, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and a layer of provolone to melt it all together. It’s a weeknight meal that everyone will be excited to eat. It also works well for parties or get-togethers and can be prepped ahead.
I’m so excited to partner with the National Turkey Federation over the next few months to bring you these baked turkey sliders on Hawaiian rolls. (sponsored) Turkey is a staple for our weeknight dinners and for so many reasons. It’s packed with lean protein, it’s satisfying, it’s easy to cook with, and everyone loves it! It’s National Deli Meat Month and my shopping cart is rarely without some sort of deli turkey meat. These turkey sliders will show you that turkey sandwiches can go beyond lunch in a delicious way! Visit ServeTurkey.org for more turkey recipes (I’m sharing my favorites below so you’ll have lots of inspiration!).
But before you go planning out turkey meals, let’s get to the turkey sliders recipe!
What are Hawaiian Roll Turkey Sliders?
Before we start making Hawaiian rolls sliders with turkey, I want to to tell you what they are all about! There are a lot of Hawaiian roll slider recipes out there, but this one is a bit different.
How to Make Turkey Sliders with Hawaiian Buns
These baked turkey sliders on Hawaiian rolls are super easy! Here’s how it goes:
- Make mushroom and onion layer. Saute the mushrooms and onions until soft and cooked through.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls. Perhaps the trickiest part of the recipe! Because we’re cooking these sliders as one huge sandwich, we don’t want to tear apart the rolls. Simply slice them in half down the middle, lengthwise.
- Assemble the turkey and cheese sliders. Place the bottom layer of rolls and top with mayonnaise and mustard mixture. Top with deli turkey meat (I love using smoked turkey, thinly sliced in these warm turkey sliders. Top with the mushrooms and onions, then a layer of provolone cheese. Finally, add the top of the Hawaiian rolls and they are ready to bake!
- Bake the Hawaiian roll turkey sliders until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Can I Make Hawaiian Sliders Ahead of Time?
This turkey sliders recipe is best made fresh, but there are a few things you can prep ahead to make the assembly go even quicker.
- Mayonnaise and mustard mixture. Stir together the mayonnaise and mustard mixture and store in the refrigerator.
- Mushroom and onions. Saute the mushrooms and onions as directed and store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to make the turkey cheese sliders, reheat them in the microwave until warm.
How to Store Turkey Hawaiian Roll Sliders
If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat in a 375 degrees F oven until heated through.
They are best out of the oven, but can also easily be microwaved in a pinch!
Baked Turkey Sliders Nutrition + Substitutes:
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into these Hawaiian roll turkey and cheese sliders:
- More veggies – Add in some diced red pepper to the onion and mushroom mixture. It will add more flavor, more nutrition, and more color!
- Skip the mayo – Use dijon mustard only, to cut down on a few calories if that’s important to you. It will still be tasty tasty!
- Serve these Hawaiian rolls sliders with turkey with veggies on the side! (More on that below.)
Get Your Kids Involved:
There are so many ways to get your kids involved in cooking this Hawaiian turkey sliders recipe:
- Mix together mayo and dijon. They can help measure, scoop, and stir.
- Chop mushrooms with kid-safe knife.
- Spread the mayo and dijon mixture over the Hawaiian rolls.
- Help assemble the best turkey sliders.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Sliders
Serve these turkey sliders in oven with veggies! The sandwiches are hearty and satisfying so they don’t need much more than some veggies. Here are a few ideas:
- Raw Veggies with Veggie Dip – Perhaps the easiest! Serve up some raw veggies (carrots, sliced cucumber, cauliflower, pepper strips, etc.) with your favorite veggie dip, ranch, or hummus.
- Simple Green Salad – This salad is a favorite in our house, but you can also simplify it even further by adding less toppings or using a prepared salad dressing instead of making your own.
- Arugula Salad with Figs – Sweet, salty, crunchy….YUM!
- Garbanzo Bean Salad – This quick 10 minute salad makes a great side or easy lunch.
- French Green Beans – One of my favorite veggies! I’ll serve these with anything. 🙂
More Turkey Recipes:
Obviously I love turkey, as it’s an ingredient I use frequently for fast, easy, and healthy weeknight dinners. Here are a few of my favorites:
- BBQ Turkey Burgers – We’re adding in some extra flavor to homemade turkey burgers.
- Turkey Patty Melt – This combo never gets old and this one is made with just 6 ingredients!
- Slow Cooker Turkey French Dips – One of the most popular cook once, eat twice meals for the weeknight dinner club!
- Turkey & Quinoa Meatballs – Make these easy meatballs ahead and freeze them for super fast meals.
- Ground Turkey Meal Prep – Just 4 ingredients from Trader Joe’s to make this quick and nutritious meal prep.
Helpful Tools for Turkey Sliders Recipe:
- Kids Knife – The mushrooms are soft enough that kids can easily help with the chopping!
- Extra Large Sheet Pan – Use a pan or baking sheet to bake these turkey sliders in oven.
EASY turkey sliders recipe. Hawaiian roll turkey sliders are fully loaded with turkey, mushrooms, onions, and cheese! Perfect family dinner or party snack!
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 12 oz. smoked deli turkey meat
- 12 oz. Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once it foams, add mushrooms and onions to pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 6-8 minutes, until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, mix together aioli. In a small bowl, mix together dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Spread mustard aioli over the bottom layer of buns.
- Layer sliced turkey and mushroom mixture over bottom layer. Top with sliced cheese.
- Bake sliders for 13-16 minutes, or until cheese is melted and buns are golden brown.
- Feel free to swap out the provolone cheese for another sliced cheese. Cheddar and swiss would both work well.
Keywords: turkey sliders recipe, Hawaiian roll turkey sliders