This delicious Hawaiian roll turkey sliders recipe is loaded with layers of turkey, caramelized mushrooms and onions, and melty cheese! It’s an easy and balanced dinner or perfect for party or game day snacking that can be prepped ahead and finished in the oven. If you love these turkey and cheese sliders, be sure to try my grilled turkey sliders, meatball sliders, chicken Parmesan sliders, or buffalo chicken sliders next time!
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love About Turkey and Cheese Sliders
- How to Make Turkey Sliders in the Oven
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Hawaiian Roll Turkey Sliders
- How to Feed Turkey Sliders Recipe to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Turkey Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Turkey and Cheese Sliders
- Delicious layers of flavors
- Satisfying meal or party snack
- Made with 8 simple ingredients
- Good source of protein
- Just 5 minutes prep time
- Just 25 minutes cook time
- Mushrooms – Grab some pre-sliced mushrooms to save some time, or slice your own if they look rough (as they do sometimes!). You can use white or baby bella mushrooms.
- Onion – I’ve used white onion, but yellow onion would also be delicious.
- Butter – This is for topping the hot turkey cheese sliders when they come out of the oven.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise.
- Mustard – I recommend using dijon mustard for best flavor, but you could also use yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, or spicy brown mustard.
- Turkey – Your favorite deli turkey (smoked, oven-roasted, honey, etc.) will all work well here. You can even use leftover Thanksgiving turkey for a delicious way to use up leftovers.
- Slider buns – These turkey sliders with Hawaiian rolls are really best with a sweet Hawaiian-style slider bun or brioche bun. Look for the type that are all connected so you can easily build them in bulk instead of layering each sandwich individually.
- Cheese – I think provolone gives an excellent flavor that doesn’t get lost, but you could really use a variety of cheese. Havarti cheese, white cheddar cheese, or swiss cheese would also be delicious.
How to Make Turkey Sliders in the Oven
This is an overview on how to make turkey sliders in the oven, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Can I make Hawaiian sliders ahead of time?
This turkey sliders recipe is best made fresh, but there are a few things you can prep ahead to make the assembly go even quicker.
- Mayonnaise and mustard mixture. Stir together the mayonnaise and mustard mixture and store in the refrigerator.
- Mushroom and onions. Saute the mushrooms and onions as directed and store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to make the turkey cheese sliders, reheat them in the microwave until warm.
Can I make these with leftover turkey?
Yes, turn them into turkey sliders with cranberry! Simply swap out the deli turkey for Thanksgiving leftovers and add a layer of cranberry sauce or chutney as desired. Top with cheese and bake.
Leftover turkey sliders should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat the Hawaiian turkey sliders in a 375 degrees F oven until heated through. They are best out of the oven, but can also easily be microwaved in a pinch!
What to Serve with Hawaiian Roll Turkey Sliders
All these baked turkey sliders need is a few simple sides:
- Raw veggies with veggie dip
- Potato chips
- Pasta salad
- Fresh fruit or canned fruit or applesauce
- Frozen broccoli
- Air fryer broccoli and cauliflower
How to Feed Turkey Sliders Recipe to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend serving a portion of the sliders deconstructed if you can if it’s a new or learning-to-like it food. Sandwiches can be tough for kids who are still learning to like a variety of foods, so I always save some rolls on the side and serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or some other sides.
More Easy Turkey Recipes
If you like these baked turkey and cheese sliders, you might also like some of these other easy turkey recipes:
- Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Ground Turkey Tostadas
- Turkey Pesto Panini
- Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Cheesy Turkey Taco Skillet
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
This Hawaiian roll turkey sliders recipe is loaded with layers of turkey, mushrooms, onions, and cheese! Perfect for dinners or party snacks!
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 12 oz. deli turkey meat
- 12 oz. Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once it foams, add mushrooms and onions to pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 6-8 minutes, until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, mix together aioli. In a small bowl, mix together dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Keeping the buns intact, cut Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise carefully so they stay together. Spread mustard aioli over the bottom layer of buns.
- Layer sliced turkey on bottom layer and top with mushroom and onion mixture. Layer sliced cheese over the mushrooms so that it covers them completely.
- Top with top bun section and bake sliders for 13-16 minutes, or until cheese is melted and buns are golden brown.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over the top of the hot buns; it should melt quickly.
- Feel free to swap out the provolone cheese for another sliced cheese. Cheddar and swiss would both work well.
Keywords: turkey sliders recipe, Hawaiian roll turkey sliders, turkey and cheese sliders
Food styling and photography by Loren Runion.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!