If fruit loops are one of your favorite cereals, these fruit loop bars are a must! They make an incredibly fun, sweet, and colorful treat or snack that even the adults will love. (I think I liked them even more than my kids.) You can easily make these fruit loop cereal bars in just a few minutes and they are a fun addition to snack time or lunch boxes (I need to add this to my list of 100+ lunchbox item ideas).
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
What You’ll Love About Fruit Loop Bars
- Easy and fun treats that are sweet and fruity
- Festive and bright colors
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Just 10 minutes total time
You’ll need just three simple ingredients to make these fruit loop marshmallow bars:
- Butter – You can use regular butter or a dairy-free butter if you prefer.
- Marshmallows – Use regular (large) marshmallows or mini marshmallows. The small ones will melt quicker.
- Fruit loops – The colorful cereal makes for a fun fruity twist to classic rice krispie treats.
How to Make Fruit Loop Bars
Let’s get to these fruit loop cereal bars! They come together in just a few easy steps:
- Melt marshmallows. Heat butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat and then add marshmallows. Stir constantly until you have gooey marshmallows.
- Stir in cereal. Remove from heat and stir fruit loops into the marshmallow mixture until combined.
- Form bars. Press mixture into a prepared pan (spray pan with cooking spray or coat with a little bit of butter) the best you can. (This is the hardest part! See tip below.)
TIP: The sticky marshmallows make it hard to press mixture into baking pan. Lay a piece of parchment paper (spray with cooking spray for even less sticking!) over the top of the cereal treats and press down with hands. Let mixture cool to room temperature then slowly peel back parchment paper.
Store fruit loop marshmallow treats in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
What to Serve with Fruit Loop Cereal Bars
I typically serve these as a dessert (read why I let my kids have unlimited dessert), but you could also serve them as a fun snack with a few additions to add in some produce and/or protein:
- Glass of milk
- Fresh fruit
- Greek yogurt
More Sweet Treats
If you like these fruit loop bars, you might also like some of these other sweet treats:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mini Banana Muffins
- Dipper Ideas for Chocolate Hummus
- Crumbl Copycat Sugar Cookies
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Dip
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
These fruit loop bars are a sweet, tasty, and colorful treat that’s perfect for a snack or in a lunch box. Easy to make with just 3 ingredients.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 6 cups fruit loops
- Prepare pan. Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or rub with butter).
- Heat butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in fruit loops until evenly coated.
- Press into prepared dish.
TIP: Use a piece of parchment paper over the top to help pack down cereal mixture so it doesn’t stick to your hands. When mixture cools, slowly peel back parchment paper.
- If your 9×9-inch pan doesn’t have tall enough sides (at least 2 inches), use a 9×13-inch pan, but I like the 9×9 for thick bars.
- MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS: In a large bowl, melt butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave until all marshmallows have melted, in 30 second increments.
Keywords: fruit loop bars, fruit loop cereal bars
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!