Healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Dip is an easy recipe you can make with your kids!
I’ve turned into that mom.
You know the one. Obnoxiously trying to make every little moment and holiday SUPER fun with themed foods, and special crafts, and plenty of holiday-colored decorations.
And you know what? I love it. Demi’s almost three, and now’s the time to be ALL IN! Her excitement has definitely spread to me – and it’s sincerely made holidays so fun. I always thought I would be annoyed by all of the hoopla around holidays, but I’m definitely not.
Small and large, these holidays provide moments for talking, teaching, and doing something together. But the lessons go beyond scooping and counting. It’s a time to talk about what’s important to our family. And on Valentine’s Day, it’s a message about love. It’s important to love the people just like us – and equally as important – to love the people who aren’t anything like us.
Most of the time, Demi will skip right to the best part:
But I like to think she’s soaking in those bigger lessons, too. 😉
I love this healthy greek yogurt chocolate dip for a few reasons:
- perfect recipe to have your kids help with: have them scoop out yogurt from measuring cup to bowl, scoop in cocoa powder, pour in vanilla, stir to combine.
- it only takes three ingredients
- you can eat the whole recipe and it’s still under 250 calories (I would top it with some whipped cream for a chocolate pudding-esque treat!)
Healthy chocolate dip made with greek yogurt. A nutritious treat perfect for fruit!
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (full fat if you can find it)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips, optional
- fruit, cookies for dipping
- Mix together all ingredients until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with cut fruit or cookies for dipping.