Everyone loves these creamy chicken ramen noodles with egg! The broth has creamy chicken flavor and a rich texture (just like when you get ramen from a ramen shop!) and the two ingredients that give it amazing flavor? Also happen to add a boost of protein and fat. Serve this easy recipe with ramen noodles alongside some frozen edamame for a full meal. And if you want a little spice? The adults may enjoy turning these into chili ramen noodles with a drizzle of chili oil.
This easy ramen noodle bowl recipe was designed for an activity night meal (aka 15 minute meal) in the Weeknight Dinner Club. If you’re looking for more quick and easy weeknight dinners, try out my done-for-you weekly meal plan app or try my chicken and rice burritos, taco skillet, garlic bread pizza, or garlic butter shrimp with couscous next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Creamy Chicken Ramen Noodles
- How to Make Ramen Noodles with Egg
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Creamy Ramen Noodles to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Chili Ramen Noodles
- More Easy Pasta Recipes
What You’ll Love About Creamy Chicken Ramen Noodles
- Comfort food meal
- Uses ramen noodle hacks to add a protein boost
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Ready in 15 minutes
You’ll need just three ingredients to make this easy recipe with ramen noodles:
- Bone broth – I prefer using no-salt, bone broth for an extra boost of protein and rich flavor. You could also use regular low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth or homemade broth if you prefer.
- Water – I used a blend of water and broth, but if you’d rather use all broth, skip the water.
- Ramen noodles – Use your favorite chicken ramen noodles. You could also use any other flavor if you prefer.
- Eggs – Use high quality eggs for best flavor and nutrition.
How to Make Ramen Noodles with Egg
Ok, let’s make this ramen noodle recipes with egg! The full instructions can be found in the recipe card below, but here’s the overview:
- Boil broth. Bring broth and water to a boil in a soup pot or dutch oven.
- Cook ramen noodles. When broth mixture is boiling, add ramen noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Season noodles. Remove from heat and stir in seasoning packet (I like to start with 1/3 or a 1/2 and then taste) and whisked eggs. Stir until smooth.
NOTE: Eggs will mostly blend into broth, but you might see a few small egg clumps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are ramen noodles gluten-free?
Many ramen noodles are made with wheat noodles, but there are also brown rice ramen noodles if you need a gluten-free option.
How many calories in ramen noodles?
The calories in ramen noodles will vary based on variety and recipe. A typical packet of ramen has about 370 calories. You can find an estimate of the nutrition facts for this ramen noodle recipes with egg below the recipe card.
How can you reduce ramen noodles sodium?
Ramen noodles are notoriously high in sodium, and if you want to reduce some of that sodium, I have a few ideas!
- Use less of the seasoning packet. This is the easiest way to cut some salt. I like to add about 1/2 of a packet. The ramen noodles nutrition facts below the recipe card are not accurate with the sodium levels as I couldn’t add half of the seasoning! So if you need to calculate sodium, adjust accordingly.
- Skip the seasoning packet. If you prefer to skip the seasoning all together, season ramen with low-sodium soy sauce instead.
- Use no-salt or low-sodium broth. I recommend bone broth for extra protein and richness and even better if you can find no-salt bone broth. Then you can adjust salt levels.
These ramen noodle bowls are best served immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat leftovers in a small saucepan until heated through.
How to Serve Creamy Ramen Noodles to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Ramen noodles are a favorite at our house, hence my desire to find a way to boost them a bit! If you think the eggs are a stretch and your kids won’t like, you could also soft boil eggs and serve them on the side. Serve with a few other safe foods if necessary, at our house this is fruit, milk, and/or bread with butter.
What to Serve with Chili Ramen Noodles
I like to serve these healthier ramen noodles with a veggie side:
- Frozen Edamame
- Raw veggies with Greek yogurt veggie dip
- Air fryer broccoli and cauliflower
- Frozen broccoli
More Easy Pasta Recipes
If you like these creamy chicken ramen noodles, you might also like some of these other easy pasta recipes:
- Easy Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Chicken Broccoli Ziti
- Udon Veggie Stir Fry
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
We’re giving creamy chicken ramen noodles a healthy boost with two additions that also make it taste rich and creamy, just like ramen shops.
- 4 cups no-salt bone broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 packages favorite chicken ramen noodle soup
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Heat bone broth and water in soup pot or dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- When broth mixture is boiling, add in ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes, unless your package instructions are vastly different. If so, follow package instructions.
- Remove from heat and stir in seasoning packet according to preference (I like to use about half and taste test!) and whisked eggs. Stir until smooth and cooked.
- Serve with steamed edamame on the side.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and include entire seasoning packet as I couldn’t adjust for half.
Keywords: chili ramen noodles, creamy chicken ramen noodles, ramen noodle recipes with egg, easy recipes with ramen noodles
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!