This easy air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe takes just 10 minutes to make! Which is a good thing, because it’s soooo good you’ll need to make batch after batch. Make this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe with a few basic ingredients – it’s one of the most delicious ways to enjoy cauliflower!
Please tag me when you make these recipes, I love to see your creations! And if you’ve made it, will you please leave it a ⭐️ rating below? It helps me out a ton!❤️
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe FAQs
- Tips for the Best Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- How to Store Leftover Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe Nutrition + Substitutes
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Pin this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe for later!
This air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe was originally published in December 2018 and updated in February 2021 to include FAQs, step-by-step instructions, and new pictures. Here’s an old picture for you:
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
So the steps to make air fryer buffalo cauliflower are pretty easy and simple:
- Preheat. Preheat air fryer to get it nice and toasty.
- Air fry. Toss cauliflower florets with avocado oil and sea salt and pepper. Cook in the air fryer.
- Mix. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and buffalo sauce.
- Toss. In a medium bowl, toss together air fried cauliflower with buffalo sauce.
- Dip. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe FAQs
Is air fryer buffalo cauliflower vegan?
This buffalo cauliflower bites recipe is not vegan as written, but can be easily made vegan by swapping the butter for your favorite vegan butter and ranch or blue cheese dressing alternatives.
How long do you air fry cauliflower?
I found that the perfect amount of time was 8-10 minutes. This will vary a bit depending on how crispy you like your cauliflower and also how big your florets are. I would recommend making sure that your cauliflower florets are pretty uniform in size so that they cook evenly.
Is air fried food healthy?
I don’t want to step onto my “healthy vs. unhealthy” soapbox, because I don’t really like to classify foods in that way, but if you are concerned with fat, then the air fryer certainly makes it possible to use less oil. It does make nutritious food like broccoli and cauliflower taste delicious, so in that respect, YES! And I think any time we can make nutritious foods like vegetables desirable, it’s a good thing!
Does air fried food taste like fried food?
You may not like the answer, but not really. What the air fryer does is crisp up food really nicely, and really quickly compared to a conventional oven, but it doesn’t make food taste like it’s been deep fried. Only the deep fryer can do that! If you are hoping that the air fryer magically turns non-fried food into fried food…well, that’s not going to happen.
But what I find myself using the air fryer for most? Quickly roasting vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. They cook up SO fast (and are so delicious) in the air fryer, so it makes for an easy dinner side dish.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat. Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes so that it’s nice and hot when it’s time to add the cauliflower.
- Give the buffalo cauliflower bites space. Don’t try to jam too much food in your air fryer, you don’t want any of the food pieces touching each other.
- Don’t spray the inside of your air fryer with cooking spray! This was will leave a film that you can’t get rid of on your air fryer basket. And yes, this really does happen, I’m speaking from experience. If you want to spray your item with cooking spray, spray it before you put it into the air fryer.
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
I highly doubt you’ll have leftovers from this buffalo cauliflower bites recipe (I can easily eat the whole batch in one sitting.), but if you do…
Store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave until hot.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe Nutrition + Substitutes
Wondering about buffalo cauliflower bites calories? It will vary recipe to recipe, but each serving of buffalo cauliflower bites has:
- 97 calories
- 5 grams carbs
- 2 grams fiber
- 2 grams protein
Nutrition does not include dressing and other veggies.
Can you make air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe dairy-free?
Yes, simply swap the butter with your favorite butter alternative.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
These buffalo cauliflower bites without flour need just a few sides:
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
I like to serve them along with other appetizers…
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you like this recipe for buffalo cauliflower bites, you might also like some of these other easy appetizer recipes:
- Whipped Lemon Feta – This dip is SO good and made with just 6 ingredients. Serve with a variety of veggies and crackers.
- Mezze Platter – If you’re looking for a great way to lean on store-bought dips and spreads that turn into an impressive looking spread, this is it.
- Creamy Dill Hummus – Part hummus, part yogurt dip – utterly delicious!
- Spicy Smoked Gouda Dip – Just like Whole Foods, this copycat dip is just as flavorful, for a fraction of the price.
Helpful Tools to Make Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer – You can’t make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe without the air fryer. There are many different ones on the market, but I’ve had and used this one for more than 3 years.
- Chef Knife – Easily trim your cauliflower bites with this knife. It’s my go-to.
Make this easy air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe in just 10 minutes! Make buffalo cauliflower bites with just 4 basic ingredients.
- 12 oz. cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. buffalo sauce like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- ranch or blue cheese dressing
- carrots and celery sticks (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for a few minutes while you prep everything.
- Prep cauliflower: cut it into 1″ pieces for even cooking. Toss cauliflower and vegetable oil together in a bowl to coat. Spread out cauliflower in the air fryer in an even layer and with space between the florets.
- Cook cauliflower for 8-10 minutes, in the air fryer, at 400 degrees F.
- While cauliflower is cooking, melt butter and mix with buffalo sauce.
- Toss cooked cauliflower with buffalo sauce mixture and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks if desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include ranch, blue cheese, or celery sticks.
Keywords: air fryer buffalo cauliflower, easy air fryer buffalo cauliflower, air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, buffalo cauliflower bites recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission from purchases made through them, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting this site!