This buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe comes together quickly once you make a batch of the crock pot pulled buffalo chicken this easy recipe will take you less than 30 minutes, depending on how many quesadillas you are making. The buffalo chicken quesadilla uses the same method as my steak quesadillas, and it’s the trick to super cheesy classic quesadillas.
And for my fellow buffalo chicken-OBSESSED, be sure to try my buffalo chicken sliders, buffalo chicken pizzas, stuffed buffalo chicken sweet potatoes, and air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites next. They all make great game day snacks.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make A Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Topping Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Buffalo Ranch Quesadillas to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
What You’ll Love About Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Gooey CHEESE and buffalo chicken…need I say more?
- Creamy cheese and tender chicken
- Minimal prep time
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Made with simple ingredients
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
The best buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe uses ingredients you can find at any grocery store!
- Flour tortillas – Use an 8 or 10 inch flour tortilla. You can also use a whole wheat tortilla or corn tortilla if you prefer.
- Mexican cheese – Use a shredded Mexican cheese blend. You can also use shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, or mozzarella cheese. If you want an ultra-creamy quesadilla, put a few pats of cream cheese on top of the chicken mixture layer.
- Pulled buffalo chicken – My favorite recipe for shredded chicken.
- Ranch dressing – Optional for serving, blue cheese dressing would also work!
- Green onions – Optional garnish, could also use chives.
How to Make A Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
These buffalo quesadillas come together in just a few minutes and if you have a large enough skillet, you can cook them all at the same time, saving you even more time. The full recipe can be found below in the recipe card.
- Prep chicken. Make my slow cooker pulled buffalo chicken ahead of time or make your own with cooked or rotisserie chicken.
- Assemble quesadillas. In a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat, place tortilla down and top with 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup buffalo chicken mixture, and another 1/3 cup shredded cheese. Top with second tortilla.
- Cook quesadillas. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until cheese cheese melts. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
TIP: If you want a crunchy tortilla, cook the quesadillas in a tablespoon of butter, olive oil, or cooking spray.
- Serve buffalo quesadillas. Serve with ranch dressing, additional buffalo wing sauce, and green onions. (See other topping ideas below.)
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Topping Ideas
Add some extra flavor, crunch, and nutrition to these buffalo chicken quesadillas. Choose a few (or all!) to add!
- Thinly sliced lettuce
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado
Frequently Asked Questions
Are buffalo quesadillas spicy?
No, the buffalo chicken recipe that is used is on the mild side so that it can work for the whole family, but if you (or your kids) are extra-sensitive to spice, you could decrease the buffalo sauce even further.
And if you want more spice, drizzle some buffalo sauce over the chicken while you’re cooking the quesadillas. It’s easy to adjust the spice level.
Can you make these with rotisserie chicken?
Yes, you can make your own buffalo chicken by tossing together leftover rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken with buffalo sauce. Or, if you’re wondering what to do with leftover chicken wings…make these quesadillas! Simply pull the meat off the bones and shred. Toss chicken wing meat with extra hot sauce if desired.
Is a buffalo chicken quesadilla healthy?
Yes, these buffalo chicken quesadillas are a satisfying meal! The full nutrition stats (an estimation!) and buffalo chicken quesadilla calories, etc. can be found below the recipe card.
Serve these delicious quesadillas with a veggie and fruit side for a well-balanced meal that covers your carb, protein, fruit, veggie, and FLAVOR components.
Store any leftover quesadillas in the refrigerator in a glass storage container.
How to reheat
Reheat the quesadillas in a hot skillet until warmed through for best results. Microwaving will work but the tortillas might be a bit soggy.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken quesadillas?
Yes, you can also freeze the quesadillas. Store them in an airtight container (stasher bags work well) and freeze for 2-3 months.
How to Serve Buffalo Ranch Quesadillas to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
While my crock pot pulled buffalo chicken is very mild, you could always serve the buffalo chicken on the side with a cheese quesadilla. Or serve all of the components separately (tortilla, cheese, and chicken). If the buffalo chicken is a new food or flavor, start with a tiny portion.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
All these shredded buffalo chicken quesadillas need is a simple side dish:
- Raw Veggies and Dill Veggie Dip
- Carrot, Celery, and Blue Cheese Slaw
- Napa Cabbage Coleslaw
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Fresh fruit
More Easy Chicken Recipes
If you like this easy buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe, you might also like some of these other easy chicken recipes:
- Healthy Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- Best Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Shawarma Rice Bowls
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 12″ Skillet – Cook the quesadillas in this skillet or use a nonstick skillet if you prefer.
- Silicone Spatulas – These don’t stain like those old spatulas you have. 😉
- Stasher Bags – Store any leftovers from this buffalo chicken quesadillas recipe in these sturdy silicone bags that can be dish washed and frozen!
EASY buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe is made with just 4 ingredients! If you love buffalo chicken, you’ll love this quick meal.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 12 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups shredded buffalo chicken
- ranch for serving
- green onions for garnish
- Assemble quesadillas. In large skillet over medium heat, layer in the following order: bottom tortilla, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup shredded buffalo chicken, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, and top tortilla.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and when cheese starts to melt, carefully flip over with large flipper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings. (See topping ideas in post or below)
- Make my crock pot shredded buffalo chicken or make your own by tossing shredded chicken and buffalo sauce.
Keywords: buffalo chicken quesadilla, buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!