This buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe is incredibly easy, but has so much flavor with layers of buffalo chicken, sautéed veggies, and plenty of cheese!
- 1 white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 12 oz. shredded Mexican cheese (I recommend queso asadero or queso Oaxaca)
- optional toppings: salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream
- Thinly slice onion and bell peppers. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add sliced onion and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken tenders as thin as you can.
- Heat butter in another large nonstick skillet and add chicken to skillet. Season with salt and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Pour in buffalo sauce and cook another minute or two, until buffalo sauce has thickened.
- Assemble quesadillas. In large skillet over medium heat, layer 1/3 cup shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup buffalo chicken mixture, ⅓ cup peppers and onions, and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Fold over top and cook for about 2-3 minutes, and when cheese starts to melt, carefully flip over with large flipper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings.
- You can also use this crock pot shredded buffalo chicken instead of cooking it in the skillet.
Keywords: buffalo chicken quesadilla, buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe