Have a big game coming up? This Hormel chili cheese dip is the perfect appetizer! You can make this chili cream cheese dip in just a few minutes of prep and a few minutes of heat. This hot chili cheese dip recipe is comprised of layers of cream cheese, Hormel chili (or your favorite homemade chili, chili con carne, or canned chili), and shredded cheese. It may not sound like much, but when this combo is heated together, it’s totally irresistible! You are going to love it.
If you love this Hormel chili dip, you should try Chipotle corn salsa, buffalo chicken flatbread, buffalo chicken sliders, turkey sliders, curry chicken wings, or sweet and salty chex mix next. They’re all football food perfection!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
- What You'll Love About Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- Hormel Chili Cheese Dip Ingredients
- How to Make Chili Cheese Dip
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- Want More?
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- Made with 3 ingredients
- Takes a couple minutes to make
- Easy to prep-ahead
- Utterly delicious dip!
- Perfect for game day appetizers
- Just 3 minutes prep time
- Just 5 minutes total time
Hormel Chili Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese – Use your favorite brand of cream cheese.
- Can of chili – This is definitely a Hormel chili cream cheese dip, and it’s how I have always experienced it, but really you could use any kind of canned or even homemade ground beef chili.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – The recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but you could also use Monterey jack, Mexican cheese blend, velveeta cheese, or even pepper jack cheese if you want to add some spice.
- Optional Garnish and Toppings – These garnishes are totally optional, but can add great flavor. Try scallions (sliced green onion), finely diced red onion, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, or diced avocados.
- Hot sauce – Another optional ingredient, but a nice way to add heat to your homemade chili cheese dip.
How to Make Chili Cheese Dip
This is an overview on how to make hormel chili and cream cheese dip, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Can you make this vegetarian?
Yes, this chili cheese dip recipe can easily be made vegetarian, just be sure to use a vegetarian chili. (You may even be able to trick the meat-eaters!)
Can you make this bean-free?
Yes, our Aunt always makes chili no beans cream cheese dip. I used a bean variety because we like beans, but it’s easy to make a bean-free version. Or make one of each and everyone is happy.
Is this gluten-free?
Yes, as long as the chili that you use is gluten-free, your chili cheese dip with cream cheese will be too.
Store leftover chili cheese dip in the refrigerator for 1 day.
To prep the 3-ingredient chili cheese dip, assemble the dip and cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
How long does chili cheese dip last?
If you’ve already cooked the chili and cheese dip, it should be eaten within a day.
How to reheat
Reheat the dip in the microwave until heated through.
Can chili cheese dip be frozen?
Cream cheese doesn’t freeze and thaw well due to the water content, so freezing the dip is not recommended. And since you can assemble and cook it in 5 minutes, you can make it fresh any time.
What to Serve with Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
This easy chili dip is best with chips. Tortilla chips or potato chips are my favorites. 🙂
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
- Corn chips
- Air fryer pita chips
- Fritos scoops
- Mini peppers
- Cucumber slices
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you like this chili cheese dip with cream cheese, you might also like some of these other easy appetizer recipes:
- Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Whipped Lemon Feta Dip
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Mezze Platter
- Greek Yogurt Dill Dip
- Trader Joe’s Cheese Board
- Costco Cheese Board
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
This Hormel chili cheese dip recipe is always a HUGE hit at parties! It takes just 5 minutes and is made with just 3 ingredients.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz. can Hormel chili
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
- Spread cream cheese onto a plate or pie dish.
- Top with chili and shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted. (My microwave was 3 minutes)
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Use any chili variety (vegetarian, bean-free, homemade chili, etc.)
Keywords: chili cheese dip, chili cream cheese dip, hormel chili cheese dip, chili cheese dip recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!