You’re going to want to make this strawberry oatmeal smoothie all summer long! It’s made with just 6 simple ingredients, takes less than 5 minutes to make, and I like to call it a strawberries and cream smoothie because it’s sweet and creamy! This strawberry smoothie with oatmeal is also incredibly filling thanks to the oats and cottage cheese which means it won’t leave you hungry a half hour later like some smoothies. Read below for ways to meal prep or prep ahead this strawberry cottage cheese smoothie – you can even turn it into popsicles!
Smoothies are a great way to pack a lot of nutritious ingredients into one meal! But they’ve got to be made with filling ingredients or you’ll be hungry right away. Try out my peanut butter and jelly smoothie, blueberry banana smoothie, Acai smoothie bowl, or easy green smoothie for some other delicious and nutritious smoothie options.
Or if your curious about ready-to-blend smoothies, check out my honest Daily Harvest review.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you make a smoothie with oats?
- What You’ll Love about this Strawberries and Cream Smoothie
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Smoothie Ingredients
- How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Storage Instructions
- Substitutes + Nutrition
- More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Strawberry Smoothie with Oatmeal
Can you make a smoothie with oats?
Yes! You can make a smoothie with oats, and it’s a great idea.
It may sound a little odd at first, but when they’re blended, they’re hardly noticeable. They provide a dose of whole grains, protein and fiber. I think they really take the smoothie from being part of a meal, to making it the entire meal.
What You’ll Love about this Strawberries and Cream Smoothie
- Sweet and creamy
- A filling combo with protein and fiber
- Made with basic ingredients (no protein powder needed!)
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Easy to prep-ahead
Strawberry Cottage Cheese Smoothie Ingredients
This strawberries and cream smoothie is made with just 6 simple ingredients:
- Oatmeal – Be sure to use old-fashioned or quick-cooking, NOT steel cut oats!
- Milk – Use your milk of choice. Cow’s milk will add an additional protein boost.
- Cottage cheese – This gives the smoothie a boost of protein AND gives it that creamy flavor that we’re after in a strawberries and cream protein smoothie.
- Frozen strawberries – Frozen is preferred as it helps make a frosty smoothie, but fresh can also be used, you may just need to
- Honey – This is used to lightly sweeten the smoothie.
- Vanilla paste – You can also use vanilla extract, but the paste adds real vanilla bean flecks!
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
This healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is obviously SUPER easy to make.
Simply blend together all of the ingredients until smooth. You’ve got a nutritious breakfast that’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
Store any leftover strawberry oat smoothie in the refrigerator for up to one day.
Can you freeze smoothies?
You can also freeze leftover smoothie. I recommend freezing the smoothie in a blender bottle, then store in refrigerator overnight to let thaw. Give it a shake (the blender ball will mix it up without needing to blend it again) and drink up!
You can also re-blend to make the smoothie smooth again.
Turn leftover strawberry oatmeal shake into popsicles!
You can also pour any leftover smoothie into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
Substitutes + Nutrition
This cottage cheese protein shake is really filling thanks to the 19 grams of protein (without any protein powder!) and 6 grams of fiber. (If you use cows milk, you’ll have even more protein!)
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this smoothie:
- Add veggies – If you like your smoothies with a bit of veggies, add 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower to the smoothie. Like my tropical smoothie with cauliflower, it’s impossible to detect and gives the smoothie bulk.
- Dairy-free – If you want to make this strawberry smoothie with oatmeal dairy-free, simply swap out the cottage cheese for your favorite dairy-free yogurt or protein powder. It will change the flavor and texture a bit, but it will work!
- Gluten-free – Make sure your oats are certified gluten-free as it’s an item that can often have cross contamination.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
If you like this strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe, you might also like some of my other smoothie recipes:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie – Childhood favorite in smoothie form.
- DIY Smoothie Bombs – Make these when you’ve got some spinach lying around, then add a nutritious boost to any smoothie!
- Easy Green Smoothie – Don’t underestimate this basic green smoothie!
- Tropical Smoothie – There’s a veggie hiding in this one, but it’s impossible to detect.
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie – Classic flavor combo that is always a hit.
Helpful Tools to Make Strawberry Smoothie with Oatmeal
- Blender – Obviously a must for this cottage cheese smoothie!
- Blender Bottle – These bottles come with a blender ball which is super helpful if you freeze extra smoothie so that you don’t have to blend it again.
- Vanilla paste – Optional, but highly recommended as it gives the strawberries and cream smoothie flecks of vanilla bean.
This strawberry oatmeal smoothie is made with just 6 basic ingredients. Less then 5 min to prep this healthy strawberries and cream smoothie.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla paste
- Place the oats and milk in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Milk – Use your milk of choice. Cow’s milk will add an extra protein boost, but nutrition is calculated with almond milk.
- Vanilla paste – This paste gives the smoothie incredible vanilla flavor (with vanilla bean flecks!) but you can also use vanilla extract.
Keywords: strawberry oatmeal smoothie, strawberry smoothie with oatmeal, strawberries and cream smoothie, strawberry cottage cheese smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!