Looking for a new delicious and nutritious veggie side? This honey glazed carrots recipe is it! Not only is it incredibly simple to make, but it has delicious natural sweet flavors that work with so many main dishes. The carrots are tossed in a honey, butter, and thyme mixture and roasted until tender crisp. One bite and I’m sure you’ll love this roasted carrots recipe as much as we do.
Serve with your favorite main dish, the flavors work with a variety of proteins.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love About Honey Glazed Carrots
- How to Make Roasted Carrots
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Honey Glazed Carrots
- How to Feed Roasted Carrots to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Veggie Side Dishes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Honey Glazed Carrots
- Natural sweetness
- Delicious way to cook carrots
- Easy to make
- Just 10 minutes prep
- Made with simple ingredients
- Versatile side that works with many main dishes
- Carrots – Use whole, unpeeled carrots for best flavor. If you prefer to use baby carrots, you certainly can and it will save you a few minutes, but I think whole carrots have the best flavor so that’s what I recommend using. If you can find rainbow carrots, they would make a beautiful side!
- Butter – Use high-quality butter for best flavor.
- Honey – Use your favorite honey. If you prefer more savory roasted carrots, you can cut down on the amount of honey you use. You could start with 1-2 tablespoons honey. You could also use maple syrup if you prefer or if you will be feeding this to kiddos under one.
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic cloves for best flavor or use frozen or jarred garlic for a shortcut.
- Thyme – We’re using both dried and fresh thyme in these honey roasted glazed carrots. Fresh herbs add a beautiful color and flavor, but you could also skip the fresh garnish if you prefer!
- Sea salt and black pepper
How to Make Roasted Carrots
This is an overview on how to make oven roasted carrots, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
How do you intensify carrot flavor?
Roasting carrots and highlighting their natural sweet flavor is a great way to intensify carrot flavor.
Do carrots get soft when cooked?
Yes, carrots are crunchy while raw and will definitely soften up when they are cooked. Be careful to not cook them TOO much or they will get mushy.
Store honey roasted carrot leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
How do you reheat honey carrots?
Reheat carrots in a 350 degree F or the microwave until heated through, being careful to not overcook or the carrots will get mushy. You can also eat them cold or at room temperature.
What to Serve with Honey Glazed Carrots
This honey glazed carrot recipe is a great side to a main dish or your favorite protein. Here are a few to try:
- Apricot Glazed Ham
- Spatchcock Turkey
- Panko Crusted Salmon
- Furikake Salmon
- Blackened Cod
- Crispy Parmesan Cod
How to Feed Roasted Carrots to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend serving a very thin sliver of a carrot in a pinch bowl (taster bowl) if it’s a new or learning-to-like it food. Roasted carrots are great for younger eaters, but babies can’t have honey until they are over one!
More Easy Veggie Side Dishes
If you like this recipe for honey glazed carrots, you might also like some of these other easy veggie side dish recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Bring out the natural sweetness with this honey glazed carrots recipe, you’ve never tasted such delicious roasted carrots!
- 2 lbs. carrots
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- sea salt
- black pepper
- thyme sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel carrots and slice lengthwise. Depending on the size, you may need to cut in half both ways. You’ll want them about 4-5 inches long.
- Melt butter in a large bowl and then add honey, garlic, dried thyme, sea salt, and black pepper. Whisk together until combined.
- Add carrots to honey butter mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer carrots to a large baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, until carrots are tender crisp.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
Keywords: honey glazed carrots, honey glazed carrots recipe, roasted carrots
Recipe, food styling and photography by Clara-Jane Photography.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!