Learn how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel breakfast sandwich! This satisfying meal is loaded with classic breakfast flavors and will keep you going until lunch time and is a favorite breakfast at our house. (Just like my McDonald’s inspired steak egg and cheese bagel!) Add even more flavor with some of the optional add-on ideas below! Serve this breakfast bagel sandwich with an iced coffee with sweet cream cold foam, espresso tonic, or a lavender latte for a full meal.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love about Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- How to Make Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- Bagel Sandwich Add-On Ideas
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- How to Feed Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love about Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- Hearty breakfast to get your day started
- Classic breakfast flavors
- Easy-to-make, just a few simple steps
- Zero prep time
- Just 5 minutes cook time
- Bagels – I’ve used a plain bagel, but use whatever your favorite kind and flavor is. Anything goes! Bonus points for New York style or fresh bagels.
- Butter – Used for cooking eggs, but you could also use your favorite fat/oil.
- Eggs – Use high-quality eggs for best flavor.
- Cheese – I used a pre-sliced cheese, but you can also slice your own. Use any variety: cheddar cheese, colby jack, American cheese, pepper jack, havarti.
- Bacon – Use pre-cooked bacon as a shortcut to help this come together really quickly! Or cook a thick-cut bacon ahead. You can also use turkey bacon, a slice of ham, or Canadian bacon if you prefer.
How to Make Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
This is an overview on how to make a bagcon egg and cheese bagel sandwiches, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Bagel Sandwich Add-On Ideas
If you’d like to add a little more flavor and/or seasoning to this bacon egg and cheese bagel recipe, try one of these easy additions and/or toppings:
- Cream cheese
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Avocado slices
- Salad greens, slice of lettuce, arugula, spinach
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Hot sauce
How many calories in bacon egg and cheese bagels?
The full nutrition information can be found below, but each sandwich has about 576 calories. This will depend on bacon, cheese, egg, and bagels used.
Store the breakfast sandwiches in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To meal prep, I recommend cooking the eggs and bacon ahead and storing them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat, reheat them in the microwave, toast the bagel and assemble sandwich.
How to reheat a bacon egg and cheese bagel
For best results, reheat the breakfast sandwich in a 350 degree F oven or toaster oven for 10-15 minutes.
You can also microwave the sandwiches for about 40-60 seconds, until warm.
Can you freeze these breakfast sandwiches?
Yes, you can freeze these breakfast sandwiches for 2-3 months. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
What to Serve with Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
This meal is pretty substantial, so you may not need a side, but you definitely need some coffee! Here are some breakfast beverages and sides to try.
- Coffee – Latte, cappuccino, lavender latte, dirty chai, or iced espresso.
- Fresh fruit
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Greek Yogurt Parfait
How to Feed Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
Serve these as separate components for younger kids as sandwiches can be hard to eat for young kids! Serve bagel with scrambled egg, slice of cheese, and bacon for a deconstructed bagel breakfast sandwich.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you like this bacon egg and cheese bagel recipe, you might also like some of these other easy breakfast recipes:
- Best Tomato Toast
- Avocado Toast Topping Ideas
- Peanut Butter Toast Topping Ideas
- Homemade Acai Bowls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Learn how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel in just 5 minutes! Everyone loves this hearty breakfast bagel sandwich. Plus ideas for add-ons!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 bagels
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- When butter foams, carefully crack eggs into pan. Gently cook, breaking the yolk if desired, and folding up the edges of the egg white to form a similar shape to the bagel.
- Cook egg for about 3 minutes, the gently flip over, top with slice of cheese, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until egg is cooked to desired consistency.
- While eggs are cooking, toast bagels and heat up bacon if necessary.
- Lightly butter bagels if desired, then top bottom bagel with fried egg and melted cheese, bacon slices, and top bagel.
Keywords: bacon egg and cheese bagel, how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel, breakfast bagel sandwich
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!