Learn how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel breakfast sandwich! This satisfying meal is loaded with classic breakfast flavors and will keep you going until lunch time. Add even more flavor with some of the optional add-on ideas below! Serve this breakfast bagel sandwich with an iced coffee with homemade cold foam for a full meal.
If you love bagels, be sure to check out my breakfast bagel board, it’s a fun way to put out a big old bagel spread.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love about Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Ingredients
- How to Make A Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel
- Bagel Sandwich Add-On Ideas
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Breakfast Sandwiches to the Whole Family
- Substitutes + Nutrition
- More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
What You’ll Love about Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches
- Hearty breakfast to get your day started
- Classic breakfast flavors
- Easy-to-make, just a few simple steps
- Cooks quickly, ready in 5 minutes!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Ingredients
The ingredients in these breakfast sandwiches are pretty basic:
- Bagels – Use whatever your favorite kind and flavor is. Anything goes!
- Butter – Used for cooking eggs, but you could also use your favorite fat/oil.
- Cheese – I used a pre-sliced cheese, but you can also slice your own. Use any variety: cheddar, colby jack, American, pepper jack, havarti.
- Bacon – Use pre-cooked bacon as a shortcut to help this come together really quickly! Or cook ahead.
How to Make A Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel
Ready to see how simple this bacon egg and cheese bagel recipe is?
- Cook eggs. Heat butter in a nonstick pan and lightly fry eggs for 2-3 minutes per side. After you flip your egg, top it with the slice of cheese so it starts to melt.
- Heat bacon. Reheat bacon until warm.
- Toast bagels. While eggs are cooking, lightly toast bagels and spread with butter if desired.
- Assemble sandwiches. Top bottom slice of bagel with fried egg with cheese and then fold bacon over the top. Finish with top slice of bagel.
Bagel Sandwich Add-On Ideas
If you’d like to add a little more flavor and/or seasoning to this bacon egg and cheese bagel recipe, try one of these:
- Cream cheese
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced avocado
- Salad greens or slice of lettuce
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Hot sauce
Store the breakfast sandwiches in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To meal prep, I recommend cooking the eggs and bacon ahead and storing them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat, reheat them in the microwave, toast the bagel and assemble sandwich.
How to reheat a bacon egg and cheese bagel
For best results, reheat the breakfast sandwich in a 350 degree F oven or toaster oven for 10-15 minutes.
You can also microwave the sandwiches for about 40-60 seconds, until warm.
Can you freeze these breakfast sandwiches?
Yes, you can freeze these breakfast sandwiches for 2-3 months. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to Serve Breakfast Sandwiches to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Serve these as separate components for younger kids as sandwiches can be hard to eat for young kids!
Substitutes + Nutrition
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Use a whole grain bagel
- Serve open-faced if it’s too energy-dense for you
How many calories in bacon egg and cheese bagels?
The full nutrition stats can be found below, but each sandwich has about 576 calories. This will depend on bacon, cheese, egg, and bagels used.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you like this bacon egg and cheese bagel recipe, you might also like some of these other easy breakfast recipes:
- Best Tomato Toast
- Summer Avocado Toast
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Homemade Acai Bowls
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Breakfast Banana Sushi Rolls
Learn how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel in just 5 minutes! Everyone loves this hearty breakfast bagel sandwich. Plus ideas for add-ons!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 bagels
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- When butter foams, carefully crack eggs into pan. Gently cook, breaking the yolk if desired, and folding up the edges of the egg white to form a similar shape to the bagel.
- Cook egg for about 3 minutes, the gently flip over, top with slice of cheese, and cook for another 2-3 minutes until egg is cooked to desired consistency.
- While eggs are cooking, toast bagels and heat up bacon if necessary.
- Lightly butter bagels if desired, then top bottom bagel with fried egg and melted cheese, bacon slices, and top bagel.
Keywords: bacon egg and cheese bagel, how to make a bacon egg and cheese bagel, breakfast bagel sandwich