Let’s make apple cinnamon pancakes! These cozy pancakes combine apple pie flavor vibes with plenty of nutritious ingredients for a delicious, sweet, and totally satisfying breakfast or brunch. Serve the apple pancake recipe with a sweet cream cold foam or pumpkin cold foam for the ultimate fall breakfast.
These apple topped pancakes feature Honeycrisp studded cinnamon pancakes and a sweet topping that tastes like apple pie filling! If you like sweet apple recipes like this one, be sure to try my apple monkey bread, apple muffins, caramel apple nachos, or apple oatmeal bars next time.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of Contents
- Honeybear Brands Pollinator Program
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes VIDEO
- What You’ll Love About this Apple Pancake Recipe
- How to Make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve this Apple Cinnamon Pancake Recipe to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Apple Pancakes
- More Tasty Apple Recipes
I’m so excited to partner with Honeybear Honeycrisp apples to bring you this apple pancakes recipe that’s both nutritious and delicious! (sponsored) Apples are a year-round staple for us for meals and snacking and now we get to up-level a weekend staple with cozy cinnamon apple flavors!
Minnesota locals, you can find Honeybear Honeycrisp apples at Cub, Aldi, and Lunds & Byerlys.
Honeybear Brands Pollinator Program
We’re using the best Honeybear Honeycrisp apples in this apple cinnamon pancake recipe. Created right here in Minnesota, the honeycrisp apple is perfectly sweet, tart, crunchy, and juicy.
And there’s even MORE to love about this apple! Let me tell you about the Honeybear Brands pollinator program:
Honeybear Brands is working to promote the adoption of pollinator-friendly and sustainable farming practices on apple orchards.
Why? We all know bees are important, but if you’re anything like me, you didn’t fully understand HOW important. Bees are responsible for 1 in 3 bites of food we take! So without bees, we won’t have apples as they are CRITICAL to the pollination of apple trees.
By 2025, the Honeybear pollinator program is committed to developing 50 acres of pollinator habitat alongside their orchards. And YOU can help support this effort by looking for Honeybear apples at Cub Foods in Minnesota and they will, in turn, protect the orchards where bees can thrive.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes VIDEO
What You’ll Love About this Apple Pancake Recipe
- Totally delicious
- Cozy apple pie vibes
- Made with nutritious ingredients
- Easy to make-ahead
- Just 15 minutes prep time
- Just 20 minutes cook time
- Good source of protein and fiber
This recipe for apple cinnamon pancakes is made with simple and nutritious ingredients:
- All-purpose flour – This helps to give a light flavor and texture to the pancakes.
- Whole wheat flour – This adds a wholesome and nutty flavor to the cinnamon apple pancakes without making them too dense or heavy.
- Sugar – Just a bit of granulated sugar is needed to impart a sweet flavor to the pancakes. You could also use a granulated sugar alternative if you want to.
- Baking powder – This helps lift the pancakes and make them fluffy.
- Cinnamon – You can’t have pancakes with cinnamon apples without the cinnamon. Use a high quality cinnamon for best results.
- Salt – This helps to bring out the sweet and warming flavors.
- Honeycrisp apples – We’re obviously using HoneyBear Honeycrisp apples for the pancakes. It’s America’s favorite apple for a reason and it totally makes the pancakes.
- Milk – I used whole milk, but you could use whatever type you keep at home or your favorite milk alternative.
- Eggs – Use high quality eggs for best flavor.
- Butter – Use high quality butter for best flavor.
- Vanilla – The vanilla extract enhances the sweet and cozy flavors.
- Apple topping for pancakes – Butter, Honey crisp apples, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup (or a combination of brown sugar and maple syrup)
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Let’s get to these easy apple cinnamon pancakes! Here’s how we make them:
- Make apple cinnamon topping for pancakes. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add finely diced apples, cinnamon, and vanilla to saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour in maple syrup and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, melt butter. Pour in milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk together until smooth.
- Mix apple pancake batter. Add finely diced apples to the flour mixture and pour in wet ingredients. Mix together.
- Cook pancakes. Heat a lightly oiled, buttered, or cooking spray coated griddle over medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start forming. Flip over and cook 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Cook in batches and repeat until batter has all been used.
- Serve pancakes. Top pancakes with butter if desired and apple pancake topping.
Store these pancakes in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Store apple topping for pancakes in an airtight container for 2-3 days as well.
How to reheat
Reheat pancakes and topping in the microwave until warmed through or reheat pancakes in a hot skillet and topping in a saucepan.
Can you freeze pancakes?
Yes, you can also freeze pancakes in an airtight container (stasher bags work well) in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Serve this Apple Cinnamon Pancake Recipe to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Serve a small piece of the pancake with a small spoonful of the topping on the side if your kids are a little apprehensive.
What to Serve with Apple Pancakes
Besides the apple topping for pancakes, this is a pretty hearty breakfast, but you can serve with a side or drink:
- Breakfast sausage or air fryer turkey bacon
- Air fryer hash browns
- Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla would be delish)
- Fried or creamy scrambled eggs
- Sweet cream cold foam
- Lavender latte
More Tasty Apple Recipes
If you like this apple cinnamon pancakes recipe, you might also like some of these other tasty apple recipes:
- Apple Monkey Bread
- Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Apple Muffins
- Creamy Peanut Butter Apple Dip
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
These cozy apple cinnamon pancakes are studded with apples and cinnamon and topped with a sweet apple topping. It’s delicious and nutritious!
For the apple cinnamon pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Honeybear Honeycrisp apples, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the apple pancake topping:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Honeybear Honeycrisp apples, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
For the apple pancake topping :
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. When it melts, add apples, cinnamon, and vanilla to saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Pour in maple syrup, lower heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
For the apple cinnamon pancakes:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Pour in milk, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk together until smooth.
- Add finely diced apples to flour mixture and pour in wet ingredients. Stir together, just until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled or buttered griddle or nonstick flying pan over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start forming. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat until remaining batter is all used.
- Serving size: 3 pancakes and 3 tablespoons apple pancake topping. (Nutrition facts are an estimate.)
- Apple pancake topping is optional, but recommended!
Keywords: apple cinnamon pancakes, apple pancakes, apple pancake recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!