This healthy baked oatmeal bars recipe is easy and delicious! Not only are these apple oatmeal bars made with simple ingredients, but they also take just 10 minutes to prep and then you’ve got easy breakfasts or a healthy snack that’s ready to go at any moment (Find the best Costco snacks list for convenience snacks). Cut these oatmeal breakfast bars into individual portions and you can take them on-the-go – no spoon required! If you love cozy traditional fall flavors like apple, oats, and cinnamon, you’ll love this easy recipe. Check out my healthy apple muffins recipe for a similar breakfast or snack time recipe in muffin form and serve with cold foam coffee for the adults! 😉
Try some of these other nutritious breakfasts like Greek yogurt parfaits, apple cinnamon pancakes, Instant Pot steel cut oats, banana oatmeal pancakes, mini chocolate chip muffins, or creamy scrambled eggs next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Healthy Baked Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- Apple Oatmeal Bars Ingredients
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Soft Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars to the Whole Family
- Substitutes + Nutrition
- What to Serve with Apple Oatmeal Bars
- More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Healthy Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Pin this oatmeal breakfast bars recipe for later!
What You’ll Love About Healthy Baked Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- Warm, cozy fall flavors
- Soft texture similar to a soft granola bar
- Made with wholesome ingredients
- Nutritious breakfast made with whole grains and fruit
- Take your bowl of oatmeal on-the-go
- Prep these oatmeal bars in just 10 minutes
- Freezes well
Apple Oatmeal Bars Ingredients
You probably have all of these healthy ingredients in your kitchen already, they are pretty basic:
- Whole grain oats – Be sure to use old fashioned oats, not instant (quick oats) or steel cut
- Whole wheat flour – You can use regular whole wheat, or white whole wheat, or oat flour
- Apples – Any variety will work)
- Brown sugar – Optional, see swaps below
- Baking powder
- Milk – Use any milk
- Honey – Only use honey if your kids are over age 1, it’s not safe for babies! You can also use pure maple syrup.
How to Make Soft Baked Oatmeal Bars
These apple breakfast bars take just 10 minutes to prep, here’s how we make them:
- Mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together oats, whole wheat flour, diced apples, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a smaller glass bowl, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla, honey (if using), and melted butter.
- Combine apple oat bars batter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Pour into a prepared 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake healthy soft oatmeal bars. Bake the bars until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into individual bars. The recipe is designed for 12 bars, but you can adjust to the size you need. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer-safe bags or stasher bags.
Store these healthy apple breakfast bars in the pan, or cut up into squares and store in a stasher bag or storage container.
Store them at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat oatmeal bars
Gently reheat the easy oatmeal bars in the microwave for 30 seconds
Can you freeze oatmeal breakfast bars?
Yes, these breakfast bars freeze well for 2-3 months. Take them out to thaw on the counter or put them right into a lunchbox and they’ll be ready to eat by lunchtime.
How to Serve Soft Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
There are a few different ways to eat these healthy apple bars. The first step is to cut the healthy apple bars into squares and then…
- Eat at room temperature.
- Take out of freezer and warm up for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Warm up for about a minute (or until hot) in the microwave and drizzle milk or cream over the top for baked oatmeal cups that can be eaten with a spoon.
Substitutes + Nutrition
You can find the full nutrition facts below the recipe card, but if you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal.
This oatmeal breakfast bars recipe is pretty healthy all on its own, but you can make a few swaps if you would like to make them even healthier, or if your kids are young (between 1-3).
Originally, these apple oatmeal bars were made without flour and brown sugar, but as my kids got older and I got a little more flexible, I added a little flour and sugar too help the texture of these oatmeal breakfast bars stick together.
- Leave out flour – The best texture is a combination of oats and flour, but for babies, feel free to leave it out.
- Leave out brown sugar – Add an extra 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
What to Serve with Apple Oatmeal Bars
These bars cover your fruit and grain portion of the meal, but pair them with a protein like creamy scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, hard boiled eggs, a slather of peanut butter, almond butter, a sprinkle of chia seeds, or a cup of milk to turn it into a satisfying meal.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
If you like this healthy baked oatmeal bars recipe, you might also like some of these other healthy oatmeal recipes:
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Fruit Soaked Oatmeal
- Sauteed Banana Oatmeal
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
If you like these baked apple oatmeal bars, you might also like some of these other healthy breakfast recipes:
- Homemade Acai Bowls
- Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel
- Bagel Fruit Pizzas
- Lox and Bagels Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Helpful Tools to Make Healthy Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Kids Knife – Have your kids help you make these baked apple oatmeal bars by chopping the apples. (You may need to run a knife through them again if they aren’t small enough, but they can get them started.)
- Stasher Bags – Freeze this healthy baked oatmeal bars recipe in the freezer in these reusable airtight bags.
- Glass Bowls – These nesting bowls are perfect for mixing, storing, and even serving.
This HEALTHY baked apple oatmeal bars recipe is packed with wholesome oats and apples, and is a filling breakfast or snack to take on-the-go.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped apple (small dice; about 2–3 medium apples)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients (oats, flour, sugar, apple, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt) together.
- Whisk together wet ingredients (milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and melted butter) together. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Serve on-the-go as a pre-breakfast or easy snack.
- Heat and serve with milk or cream and a drizzle of honey or syrup for a warm breakfast.
- Freezable: cut into squares and freeze in a ziploc or stasher bag. Let thaw at room temperature or microwave for 30 seconds to heat up.
Keywords: baked oatmeal bars, apple oatmeal bars, oatmeal breakfast bars, healthy baked oatmeal bars recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!