This HEALTHY baked apple oatmeal bars recipe is packed with wholesome oats and apples, and is a filling breakfast or snack to take on-the-go.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups chopped apple (small dice; about 2-3 medium apples)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir in diced apples.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Add in milk, honey, eggs, and vanilla and whisk together until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread out in an even layer. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting.
- Serve on-the-go as a pre-breakfast or easy snack.
- Heat and serve with milk or cream and a drizzle of honey or syrup for a warm breakfast.
- Freezable: cut into squares and freeze in a ziploc or stasher bag. Let thaw at room temperature or microwave for 30 seconds to heat up.
- You can also make these into mini bites by baking them in a mini muffin tin. You’ll want to cut down on the baking time by about 5 minutes and you’ll also have some extra batter; it’s the perfect size for an individual baking dish.
Keywords: baked oatmeal bars, apple oatmeal bars, oatmeal breakfast bars, healthy baked oatmeal bars recipe