Can you see the secret vegetable in this healthy turkey meatloaf recipe? It’s hard to spot…and even though I don’t hide vegetables in meals on purpose, the riced broccoli just works so well in this recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf. Make this ground turkey meatloaf recipe with just 10 minutes prep and 8 basic ingredients. It’s flavorful, cheesy, and I think the best turkey meatloaf recipe ever!!!
Ingredients in Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe:
There are just 8 basic ingredients in this recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf and you probably have most of them already.
- Bread crumbs
- White onion
- Riced broccoli
- Seasoning salt
- Ground turkey
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Healthy Turkey Meatloaf:
Let me show you how to make healthy turkey meatloaf! Originally, I had created this recipe in mini meatloaf form for the weeknight dinner club, but I realized a full meatloaf is a little less putzy, but takes longer to bake…it was a toss up!
- Prep ingredients. Preheat oven. Stir together bread crumbs and milk to soak in a medium bowl. Grate onion. Heat riced broccoli in the microwave.
- Mix meatloaf. To the bread crumbs, add grated onion, egg, seasoning salt, and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Add in ground turkey, riced broccoli, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and mix until combined.
TIP: Use your hands to mix and incorporate all of the ingredients together. Don’t overmix, but mix just until combined.
- Shape turkey meatloaf. Shape the ground turkey meatloaf mixture into an oblong shape on a parchment paper lined half sheet pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake. Bake turkey meatloaf recipe at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
What temp should turkey meatloaf be?
Cook the healthy turkey meatloaf, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Use an instant read meat thermometer so that you don’t over-cook your meatloaf.
Recipe for Healthy Turkey Meatloaf FAQs:
Is ground turkey meatloaf healthy?
Yes! This recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf is a great source of protein AND it also contains hard-to-detect vegetables in the form of riced broccoli.
How many calories are in turkey meatloaf?
Each hefty serving of this recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf has 357 calories. It’s pretty filling, so you could easily make this 8 servings, which would bring the calories to about 268.
Is this recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf gluten-free?
This recipe uses regular bread crumbs, but is otherwise gluten-free, so swap the bread crumbs for your favorite gluten-free alternative.
Can I make easy healthy turkey meatloaf into mini meatloaves?
Yes, you can easily turn this into a mini ground turkey meatloaf recipe. Simply roll the meatloaf into tennis ball sized balls and place into a prepared muffin tin. Lightly flatten, top with cheese, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the ground turkey meatloaf recipe reaches 165 degrees F.
How to Store Leftover Healthy Turkey Meatloaf:
Store any leftover meatloaf in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze leftover turkey meatloaf?
Yes, you can also freeze the meatloaf for 1-2 days. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to reheat turkey meatloaf:
Reheat the meatloaf in the microwave or a 350 degree F oven until heated throughout.
How to Serve Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe to the Whole Family:
Ketchup!!! Kidding…sort of. The whole premise of the one family meal method is that every recipe can be served to the whole family.
If you don’t think your kids will like this (mine love it!), serve it with a side you know they’ll love or some bread and butter, and fruit.
What to Serve with Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe:
Looking for some healthy side dishes for turkey meatloaf? I’ve got ya! Here are a few easy vegetable sides to serve with your meatloaf:
- Cheesy Potato Casserole – Is there ever a time to NOT make this diced potato casserole? NO.
- Broiled Asparagus – Simple and basic, but always hits the spot.
- Sautéed Haricots Verts – The easiest recipe for haricot vert, takes just 10 minutes to make + 3 ingredients.
- Simple Green Salad – Our house salad that goes with anything. Featuring greens avocado, goat cheese, and more!
- Lemon Kale Salad – Bright and garlicky, this salad can be made a day or two ahead.
- Roasted Red Baby Potatoes – Side of choice for this ground turkey meatloaf recipe!
More Easy Ground Turkey Recipes:
If you like this recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf, you might like some of my other healthy turkey recipes:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Quinoa Chili – Just 10 minutes to prep… Each serving has 25 grams protein and almost half of your daily fiber needs.
- Turkey Burgers with Buffalo Butter – Bursting with buffalo butter sauce and fresh toppings, these burgers are a must if you love buffalo sauce.
- BBQ Turkey Burgers – Just 4 ingredients + 20 minutes to make these flavorful burgers.
- Trader Joe’s Ground Turkey Meal Prep – Make four servings of this healthy meal prep meal in just 20 minutes!
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole – A Mexican twist on Minnesota’s classic casserole. Made with just 10 minutes prep.
Helpful Tools to Make Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe:
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – The easiest way to tell when this ground turkey meatloaf recipe has reached the proper temperature.
- Half Sheet Pan – Bake the healthy turkey meatloaf recipe on this sheet pan that is SO easy to clean. Made here in MN.
Broccoli & Cheddar Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
This HEALTHY turkey meatloaf recipe has secret veggies in it, can you see them? My recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf takes just 10 min prep!
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 2 cups frozen riced broccoli (or broccoli and cauliflower blend)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup)
- ketchup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients:
In a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs and milk.
Heat riced broccoli and cauliflower until warm in microwave.
- To the bread crumbs, stir in onion, egg, seasoning salt and black pepper. Add turkey, riced broccoli, 1 cup shredded cheese and mix together with hands until combined. You don’t want to overwork the meat, but do want all of the bread crumb mixture incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into an oblong shape on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese and bake for 45-60 minutes, until the turkey meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with ketchup if desired.
- Be sure to use a mix of light and dark ground turkey, NOT 99% fat-free turkey.
Keywords: healthy turkey meatloaf, recipe for healthy turkey meatloaf, healthy turkey meatloaf recipe, ground turkey meatloaf recipe
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.