I know you have a bag of Trader Joe’s farro hiding out in the back of your cupboard! Grab the farro and a container of the Trader Joe’s kale pesto – we’re making a farro grain bowl! This farro bowl recipe comes together super quickly with the help of some shortcut Trader Joe’s ingredients and utilizes roasted grape tomatoes for a delish meal.
If you love Trader Joe’s, be sure to check out my 15 easy Trader Joe’s recipes here.
Turn a bag of Trader Joe’s groceries into dinner!
Download your FREE 5-day dinner plan + grocery list.
This recipe calls for the Trader Joe’s vegan kale pesto, but you can really use any sauce you like, simply thin it out with some water and tahini until it’s the consistency you want.
SUPER EASY Trader Joe’s farro bowl recipe with roasted veggies and a kale pesto sauce. It’s nutritious, satisfying, and perfect for meal prep.
- 12 oz. cauliflower florets
- 16 oz. roasted grape tomatoes
- 8.8 oz. farro
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup kale, cashew & basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp. water to thin out
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a foil-lined pan, toss cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare farro according to package instructions.
- Mix together tahini, pesto, and water until smooth.
- Assemble bowls: top farro with vegetables and pesto dressing.
- EXTRAS: balsamic glaze, feta cheese, kalamata olives.
- FARRO: Farro is a great chewy whole grain, but you could also use quinoa or rice.
- DRESSING: swap water for fresh lemon juice in dressing for some extra zing.
Keywords: Trader Joe’s farro, Trader Joe’s kale pesto, farro bowl recipe, farro grain bowl