This blue cheese coleslaw recipe is a quick and easy veggie-packed side dish. Made with just 7 pantry staples that you probably already have, try serving this blue cheese slaw with burgers and sandwiches for a light and flavorful counter to richer flavors.
I created this blue cheese coleslaw recipe as a side for my healthy turkey burgers with buffalo butter sauce. The crunch and the blue cheese make the perfect side to anything that’s got buffalo sauce in it.
How to Make Celery, Carrot, and Blue Cheese Coleslaw:
Are you ready for this 15 minute blue cheese coleslaw recipe?
- Mix blue cheese slaw dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice veggies. As thinly as you can, slice celery, carrots, and green onion. Add to bowl with dressing.
- Toss blue cheese slaw together. Toss the veggies to coat and top with blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Can You Make Blue Cheese Slaw Recipe Ahead?
Yes, you can prep components of the blue cheese coleslaw recipe ahead of time so that you can simply toss the veggies with blue cheese slaw dressing, sprinkle the blue cheese over the top and serve!
How to Store Blue Cheese Slaw:
Store this blue cheese coleslaw in the fridge for up to a day. As with most coleslaw and salad recipes, it’s best fresh.
How many calories in blue cheese coleslaw?
This carrot celery blue cheese slaw has 139 calories per 3/4 cup serving. It’s a great amount for a veggie side dish.
Can I use other vegetables?
Yes, you can use other vegetables, just choose veggies that are crunchy! If you’re looking for a more traditional slaw with cabbage, try my napa cabbage coleslaw.
More Blue Cheese Recipes:
If you like this blue cheese coleslaw without mayo, you might also like some of these other recipes with blue cheese:
- Napa Cabbage Slaw – Another of my slaw faves, this recipe has a base of napa cabbage, a quick vinaigrette, and of course, blue cheese. It’s the ideal blue cheese coleslaw for pulled pork or other bbq meats.
- Green Beans Vinaigrette with Blue Cheese – This veggie side has crunchy nuts, creamy blue cheese, and a simple dressing – all served over lightly steamed green beans. YUM.
- Blue Cheese and Olive Pasta Salad – Blue cheese, grapes, and black olives come together in a delicious way. Eat this one all summer long!
EASY blue cheese coleslaw recipe takes just 15 minutes to make. My blue cheese slaw is the perfect side for buffalo wings, burgers, or sandwiches.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced celery, 1/2 celery heart or bunch (inner stalks are best so you can use the leafy tops)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- 2 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- Prep ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Add in celery, carrots, and green onions to dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese.
Keywords: blue cheese coleslaw recipe, celery and carrot slaw, blue cheese slaw