Crispy sage takes this Healthy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe from good to GREAT! Take it to all of your fall parties!
CLICK HERE to pin Healthy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe for later.
Thank you all for the sweet, sweet comments on my exciting news! It means so much.
How was the weekend? We were both a little under the weather but managed to look at two apartments. Neither are good and I’m not looking forward to the massive search ahead of us, but, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen not thinking about it. (It’s good to ignore your problems, right?) I made a sausage & lentil gumbo (from food52), protein pancake muffins, curried tuna salad, and THIS healthy pumpkin hummus recipe with crispy sage.
On Friday afternoon, I set out a can of pumpkin on the counter because something, just SOMETHING needed to be made with pumpkin.
I know what you’re thinking…just what the world needs, another pumpkin recipe.
But it is the season and I’m 99% certain that it will be the only pumpkin recipe I share this year. So I feel ok about it.
Healthy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe with Crispy Sage
I’m more of a savory person, so I went with the savory (and appetizer!) route with pumpkin hummus with crispy sage. Do you know what crispy sage is?
Let me tell you. It’s sage that’s cooked in sizzling butter. With garlic. It’s definitely what takes this from being regular hummus….to OMG hummus!
The pumpkin flavor isn’t too intense in this dip, but it’s there. And it tastes like fall. It would make the perfect appetizer for all of these parties coming up, or you know, just snacking at home as I love to do. 🙂
I decided to serve my healthy pumpkin hummus recipe with crostini because I wanted it to feel a little more special than your run-of-the-mill hummus with pita chips but you could use just about anything. And you’ll want to dip just about anything in this hummus, trust!
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe with Crispy SagePrint
Easy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe with Crispy Sage
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups (6 servings) 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Crispy sage takes this pumpkin hummus recipe from good to GREAT! Take it to all of your fall parties and Thanksgiving gatherings.
- 1–15 oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped sage
- Combine beans, pumpkin, olive oil, and salt in food processor.
- Process until desired consistency. I like to leave mine a little chunky and rustic. Set aside.
- Heat butter in small pan over medium heat. Add garlic, turn down to medium-low and stir occasionally for 1 minute. Add sage and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle butter mixture over hummus and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with crostini, crackers or bread.
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: pumpkin hummus, hummus, healthy hummus
PS. I’m taking any and all apartment-hunting advice…
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.