Learn how to make apple butter in your Instant Pot! This is the best Instant Pot apple butter recipe for a few reasons. It’s major fall flavor in a jar! This pressure cooker apple butter fills your home with the most amazing fall scent, you can use it in so many ways, and it’s NO PEEL! Make this apple butter in instant pot in just a few minutes prep and you’ll have plenty to use and give away! Add this Honeybear Honeycrisp apple butter recipe to your post apple picking list, and be sure to print off the gift tag pdf!
If you’re anything like me and eating ALL the fresh apples this time of year, be sure to try my pressure cooker apple sauce, healthy apple muffins, apple oatmeal bars, and chicken salad with apples and grapes.
Estimated reading time: 10 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can You Make Apple Butter In An Instant Pot?
- How to Make Instant Pot Apple Butter Video
- What You’ll Love About Honeycrisp Apple Butter Recipe
- Apple Butter In Instant Pot Ingredients
- How to Make Instant Pot Apple Butter
- How to Use Apple Butter
- Honeycrisp Apple Nutrition
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Apple Butter to the Whole Family
- How to Gift Homemade Apple Butter
- More Easy Apple Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Pressure Cooker Apple Butter
I’m so excited to partner with Honeybear Honeycrisp apples to bring you this recipe for pressure cooker apple butter that’s both nutritious and delicious! (sponsored) Apples are a year-round staple for us for meals and snacking and now we get to swirl cozy apple flavors into oatmeal, yogurt, and even coffee! We’re using the best apples… Honeybear Honeycrisp apples in this apple butter recipe. Created right here in Minnesota, the honeycrisp apple is perfectly sweet, tart, crunchy, and juicy.
Can You Make Apple Butter In An Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make apple butter in Instant Pot or pressure cooker and it’s a quick and easy way to do it.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Butter Video
What You’ll Love About Honeycrisp Apple Butter Recipe
- Cozy fall flavors
- Super smooth apple butter
- Made with simple ingredients
- Minimal prep – NO PEELING!
- Versatile – so many ways to use it
Apple Butter In Instant Pot Ingredients
You’ll need just 6 simple ingredients to make this no peel instant pot apple butter:
- Apples – We’re obviously using HoneyBear Honeycrisp apples for this honeycrisp apple butter. It’s the favorite apple for a reason and it totally makes this delicious apple butter.
- Apple cider – Use fresh apple cider for best flavor. You can also use apple juice.
- Maple syrup – This is what we’re using to sweeten the pressure cooker apple butter, but you can also use honey or brown sugar. We’ve used a minimal amount of sugar so feel free to add more if you prefer a sweeter flavor or if you’re using tart apples.
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice – You can also use 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract – Use a high quality vanilla extract for best flavor.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Butter
Let’s get to apple butter in the Instant Pot!
- Core and slice apples. Use an apple slicer to make this quick and easy. And remember, this is a no peel apple butter so no need to peel.
- Cook apple butter. Add Honeybear Honeycrisp apples, apple cider, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, and vanilla extract to the pressure cooker. Place lid on Instant Pot and seal closed. Cook on manual mode on High pressure for 10 minutes. Natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then release pressure.
COOK TIME: The cooking time will vary a bit, but my Instant Pot took about 15 minutes to come to pressure, 10 minutes to cook, 10 minutes to release pressure and then 20-30 minutes of simmering to thicken.
- Blend apple butter. Use an immersion blender to blend the cooked apples until smooth.
- Thicken apple butter. Transfer apple butter mixture to a dutch oven or large saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10-30 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened.
- Store apple butter. Transfer pressure cooker apple butter to glass jars or glass storage containers.
How to Use Apple Butter
In case you find yourself wondering… what’s apple butter good on? I’ve got you! Here’s a list of ways to use your super easy instant pot apple butter:
- Toast topper
- English muffin
- Ricotta and toast
- Cottage cheese
- Ice cream
- Apple latte cold foam
- Spoon 🙂
Honeycrisp Apple Nutrition
If you’re interested in Honeybear Honeycrisp apple nutrition facts, look no further! But first a little history. The honeycrisp apple was cultivated at the University of Minnesota (where my degree is from!) and was not designed to travel, it was designed entirely for flavor – and it shows! It’s designed to be sweet, firm, tart, and totally juicy. It’s a favorite for a reason!
Ok, onto the Honeybear Honeycrisp apple nutrition, honeycrisp apple calories, and carbs in honeycrisp apple! Per medium apple, there are:
- 80 calories
- 0 grams fat
- 22 grams carbohydrates
- 5 grams fiber
- 16 grams total suger
- 0 grams protein
Frequently Asked Questions
What does apple butter taste like?
Apple butter tastes like a thick and more flavorful applesauce. It’s smooth and silky.
Why is apple butter called apple butter?
While apple butter has a smooth texture that’s silky like butter, there is actually no butter in apple butter.
What’s the difference between applesauce and apple butter?
Apple butter is similar to applesauce, but the main difference is that it’s smoother and it’s cooked down to be a thicker, more concentrated version.
But it does have similar flavor to applesauce, a very flavorful applesauce.
Does apple butter thicken as it cools?
Yes, the apple butter will thicken as it cools. You’ll still want to thicken it a bit, but it will continue to thicken as it cools.
Is apple butter healthy?
Sure! I really despise this question because it’s too vague to answer, but it’s a great way to enjoy apples!
Is apple butter vegan?
Yes, apple butter is vegan.
Is there butter in apple butter?
No, while it’s often assumed that there is butter in apple butter, there is not!
Is apple butter gluten-free?
Yes, apple butter is gluten-free.
Which apples make best apple butter?
You can use a variety of apples, but I’m partial to honeycrisp apples…because they are some of the best!
Where are honeycrisp apples grown?
Honeycrisp apples were developed in Minnesota, but are now grown all over the world.
Store instant pot apple butter recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7 days.
Does apple butter need to be refrigerated?
Yes, apple butter needs to be refrigerated or it will get moldy. We’re not adding any preservatives, so it needs to be refrigerated.
Can homemade apple butter be frozen?
Yes, you can also freeze homemade apple butter in jars for up to one year. Just be sure to leave room at the top of the jar so that there is room for the apple butter to expand.
How to Serve Apple Butter to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
There are so many ways to eat apple butter and it’s a great way to add apple flavor and nutrition to many meals. See my full list of ideas above, but stir them into plain yogurt, over waffles, on toast, or into oatmeal.
I will say that my daughter’s favorite way is to eat it straight with a spoon. 🙂
How to Gift Homemade Apple Butter
Store this sweet apple butter in mason jars and print out the gifting tag. Click here for the printable tags.
More Easy Apple Recipes
If you love this apple butter in instant pot recipe, you might also like some of my other apple recipes:
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Healthy Apple Muffins
- Apple Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Chicken Salad with Apples
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Pressure Cooker Apple Butter
- Apple Slicer – I held out on getting one of these for the longest time, but it’s worth having if you love apples as much as we do and makes the prep work of apple butter in instant pot quick and easy!
- Instant Pot – You can’t make easy apple butter instant pot…without the pressure cooker!
- Immersion Blender – The immersion blender makes blending this honeycrisp apple butter recipe quick and easy, without dirtying the blender, or waiting for it to cool down.
EASY Honeycrisp Instant Pot apple butter recipe is lightly sweetened and full of fall flavors. No peeling required!
- 4 lbs. honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Core and slice honeycrisp apples.
- Add apples, apple cider, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, and vanilla extract to Instant Pot.
- Put lid on the Instant Pot and seal close. Set on Manual mode on High pressure for 10 minutes. (Takes about 15 minutes to reach pressure.)
- Natural release for 10 minutes, then release the pressure.
- Blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a large dutch oven or large saucepan and heat over low heat for 10-20 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Makes about 4 cups.
- Store in the refrigerator for 7 days, freezer for one year.
Keywords: instant pot apple butter, apple butter instant pot, apple butter in instant pot, honeycrisp apple butter recipe, pressure cooker apple butter
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!