When I say this homemade Instant Pot applesauce recipe is for beginners, I mean it! All you need to make applesauce in instant pot is a few basic ingredients (if you’ve got apples, you’ve probably got the rest in the pantry. Make this applesauce instant pot recipe in just 10 minutes to prep and then your Instant Pot will do the rest of the work.
Making applesauce in the instant pot could also be called, how to make your house smell amazing. It’s an amazing fall scent and then you get a sweet treat at the end! 😉 Apple season is a favorite (fall!) and if you’ve got extra apples, don’t miss my apple muffins, apple baked oatmeal bars, and creamy peanut butter apple dip recipes that also feature apples.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can You Make Applesauce in the Instant Pot?
- What You’ll Love about Applesauce in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Applesauce Ingredients
- How to Make Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I serve this Instant Pot Applesauce for Baby?
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Instant Pot Applesauce to the Whole Family
- Ways to Use Pressure Cooker Applesauce
- More Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Applesauce in the Instant Pot
Can You Make Applesauce in the Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make applesauce in the Instant Pot and you definitely SHOULD! It’s beyond easy!
What You’ll Love about Applesauce in Instant Pot
- Sweet and cozy flavor
- Lightly sweetened, so you can adjust to your own preference
- Minimal prep
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Versatile! Use in recipes or just plain
Instant Pot Applesauce Ingredients
This applesauce instant pot recipe is made with just 3 basic ingredients. If you’ve got apples, I would bet you have everything you need.
- Apples – Use a mix of sweet and tart apples for best flavor.
- Honey – We’re not adding a lot of sweetener to the Instant Pot applesauce recipe, but you can also add more after it’s done cooking if you want it sweeter. Apples will vary in tartness and sweetness, so you may need to adjust. You can also use maple syrup or sugar.
- Seasonings – Cinnamon and sea salt
- Water – But that doesn’t count, does it?!
How to Make Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
Let’s get to how to make applesauce in the instant pot! It’s so easy.
- Prep apples. Peel apples and remove seeds and core. No need to dice them, just cut them into a few chunks.
- Mix ingredients. Add peeled apples into Instant Pot and top with water, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together.
- Cook applesauce. Cook instant pot applesauce recipe on manual mode on high pressure. (Full instructions below).
- Finish applesauce. Once the apples are done cooking, you’ll be able to lightly mash them to the consistency you prefer. Then it’s time to eat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make Instant Pot applesauce with peel?
It’s really up to you. If you peel them, your applesauce will be more traditional. If you want to leave them on, you can blend it with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender once it’s cooled down a bit to smooth it all out.
Can I serve this Instant Pot Applesauce for Baby?
Because this particular Instant Pot applesauce recipe is made with honey, it’s not suitable for babies under one. BUT, you can also just omit the honey and use maple syrup or leave it unsweetened and let older eaters sweeten it to their liking.
Store leftover applesauce in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
How to reheat
If you prefer your oatmeal warm, heat in the microwave.
Can you freeze homemade applesauce?
Yes, you can actually freeze applesauce! Which is great because if you get inspired during apple season to make multiple batches of applesauce in the instant pot, you can freeze it for 2-3 months.
Just be sure to leave some space as the applesauce will expand.
How to Serve Instant Pot Applesauce to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
If you have any babies under the age of 1, then you’ll want to skip the honey! (Babies can’t have honey.)
Ways to Use Pressure Cooker Applesauce
Making applesauce in instant pot is the easy part, the hard part is deciding what to do with it! Here are a few ideas:
- Plain – It’s obvious and easy! Delicious warm or wait until it cools or has chilled.
- Oatmeal – Stir some of the applesauce into Instant Pot steel cut oats or overnight oats.
- Greek yogurt – Serve a dollop over plain Greek yogurt.
- Cottage cheese – This may sound odd, but I loved this combination as a toddler and I still do!
- Ice cream – Over a scoop of ice cream.
- Recipes – Use this in any recipe that calls for applesauce.
More Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
If you like this IP applesauce recipe, you might also like some of my other easy pressure cooker recipes:
- Steel Cut Oats in Instant Pot
- Italian Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Curried Beef & Sweet Potato Stew
This instant pot applesauce recipe is so EASY, anyone can make it! You’ll need just 3 ingredients for applesauce instant pot. 10 minute prep!
- 3 lbs. apples
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Peel apples and remove core and seeds. Cut into large chunks.
- Stir together apples, water, honey, cinnamon, and sea salt in Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock lid. Select manual setting and cook for 5 minutes on ‘High Pressure.’
- Once cooking is complete, let natural release (aka let it sit) for 5 minutes, then release pressure. Be sure to turn off Instant Pot.
- Use a mix of sweet and tart apples for best flavor.
Keywords: instant pot applesauce, applesauce instant pot, applesauce in instant pot, pressure cooker applesauce