The ultimate guide to Moink Box! My honest Moink box review, Moink box coupon code for $20 off your first box, FAQS, and more.
Full disclosure, this Moink box review is not sponsored by Moink.com, but I have worked with them in the past. If you order a box using my Moink box coupon code, you’ll get $20 off your order and I’ll get a $20 credit. All opinions are my own.
What is Moink Box?
In their own words…Meat Subscription Boxes for tender ❤️carnivores.
Moink is a link between small farmers around the U.S and consumers like you and me! I love supporting small farmers because the meat is high quality and ethically raised, and I grew up in a small farming community so it feels right. 🙂
If you want to buy directly from the farmer, but don’t have access to do so, Moink boxes are the way to make it happen!
Our vision? To become a go-to source for humanely-raised and ethically-sourced meats for the consumer, as well as an outlet for grass-based farmers to sell their proteins.– MoinkBox.com
Moink Box Coupon Code:
Want $20 off your first Moink box? I thought so! Once you order, you can share your code with your friends + family as well.
Moink Subscription Box FAQs:
We’ll cover Moink box cost, meat, and more…Have more questions? Leave me a comment below and I’ll do my best to answer it for you.
Is Moink box organic?
Moink box meats are not certified organic, but the chicken and pork is pasture-raised; the beef is grass-fed; the salmon wild-caught.
Personally I think the quality of life for the animals, the quality of meat, and for environmental reasons, this distinction is more important than an organic certification. But you might not feel the same!
Where does Moink meat come from?
The meat is sourced from 100 small farms around the country.
Was Moink box on shark tank?
Yes, Moink’s founder, Lucinda, was on Shark Tank and was offered an investment deal for 20% from Jamie Siminoff, Ring doorbell founder. Read more here.
How much is Moink box?
The Moink box cost will depend on what size box you get and if you add on anything to your box. The small box is $129 and the medium box is $159.
The price will vary if you add additional items. And if you get their emails, watch out for them, because they do offer sales and discounts from time to time.
How to Order a Moink Box:
It’s simple to order and you can even sign up to have it shipped to you on a regular basis, which means your freezer will always be stocked.
- Choose your box: decide whether you’re doing a mix of meat, meat and fish, or opting out of pork.
- Make substitutions: some options in your box will have a sub button next to them, which means if you don’t want that cut of meat, you can choose something else.
- Add-ons: you can also add on any other Moink box meat + fish options, for example, I always get salmon in my box, but it sometimes only comes with two fillets, and we need four, so I’ll add two more on to my box.
- Order: place your order and decide on the frequency of shipments. Be sure to use my Moink box coupon code for $20 off your first delivery.
What Comes in a Moink Box:
Want to see how the box comes? Here’s what I received in my latest box.
I always substitute a few items to make sure I’m getting items that we will use, but even if you forget to substitute, sometimes that will motivate you to try something new!
Moink Box Recipes:
Once you order and receive your Moink box, it’s time to start cooking! Any recipe can be made with Moink meat or fish, but here are a few for common cuts + family faves from Moink:
- How to Use your Moink Box – In this round-up, I share 8 different ways to turn your Moink box into meals for the whole family.
- Salmon with Dill Butter – Use a large fillet or individual ones and serve with this simple dill butter…it’s all high-quality salmon needs.
- Roasted Chicken Thigh Dinner – If I had to choose a favorite cut of meat to order in my Moink box, chicken thighs might be it! So much flavor, they don’t need much.
- Flank Steak Salad with Arugula – I totally stole this meal idea from a friend, but he doesn’t mind. 😉 It’s great for entertaining as it can be prepped ahead and then easily cooked on the grill and served over salad.
- Blue Cheese Steak Salad – Another salad option that shines with a great cut of steak. It’s actually a cook once, eat twice meal so you can also make a great steak dinner and then turn the leftovers into a salad.