Looking for a fun breakfast that your kids will love? Banana sushi rolls are it! This “breakfast sushi” as we like to call it is a nutritious breakfast or healthy snack that the kids can make themselves. This banana sushi with peanut butter is made with fresh fruit, nut butter, and plenty of fun toppings. Read on for plenty of breakfast sushi ideas.
What Is Banana Sushi?
Banana sushi rolls are a fun banana treat for toddlers that works for breakfast or a healthy snack for young toddlers to kids!
Breakfast sushi for kids is made with a banana, nut butter, and plenty of fun toppings that is cut into sushi-like shapes and eaten with fingers!
TIP: If serving this to younger kids, make sure the layer of nut butter isn’t too thick!
How to Make Banana Sushi with Peanut Butter:
Banana roll sushi is so simple to make, and it’s the perfect breakfast for your kids to make themselves.
- Prep bananas. Peel banana and spread with peanut butter or nut/seed butter of choice. Slice into 1/2 inch coins.
- Sprinkle toppings. Put out toppings and let kids sprinkle away!
Breakfast Sushi Topping Ideas:
There are so many different toppings that work well with this banana sushi with peanut butter! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Ground flaxseed
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed cereal
- Dried raisins
- Mini chocolate chips
Breakfast Sushi Substitutes + Nutrition:
This banana sushi recipe is a great way to start your day with some fruit, protein, healthy fats, and fiber but it also makes a fun healthy snacks for kids any time of day! Here are a few swaps:
- Nut-free? Try using sunflower butter.
- Sugar-free? Skip the sprinkles and chocolate chips and serve with seeds, dried fruit, and crushed cereal.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes for Kids:
If you like this breakfast sushi recipe, you might also like some of my other easy breakfast recipes that are perfect for kids!
- Banana Pancakes – If you’re looking for more banana recipes for kids, this one is a must! Loaded with nutritious ingredients, this makes a filling breakfast. Just 5 ingredients.
- Breakfast Apple Oatmeal Bars – Make-ahead breakfast or fun snacks for kids…you decide!
- Trader Joe’s Breakfast Board – Impress your kids with this fun brunch board.
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal – If you love the pb + banana combo, try this baked oatmeal.
- Peanut Butter Apple Stacks – If you like the fruit sushi for kids concept, you’ve got to try the apple version.
Helpful Tools to Make Banana Sushi with Peanut Butter:Print
EASY banana sushi roll aka breakfast sushi is a fun and nutritious breakfast that your kids will love! Let the kids make their own.
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- toppings: chia or hemp seeds, flax meal, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips (see list above for other ideas)
- Peel banana and spread with nut butter. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
Sprinkle with toppings as desired.
- Serve with milk and a slice of toast to make a more filling breakfast.
- Use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option.
- Nutrition facts include 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 tablespoon of hemp seeds, and 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds.
Keywords: banana sushi, banana sushi roll, breakfast sushi, banana sushi with peanut butter