This oreo truffles recipe is soooooooo fun! I obviously didn’t make it up, as they’ve been around forever (and almost always my fave item on a cookie tray!), but I did want to share a fun holiday version, so these cute Halloween oreo truffles are it! These 3-ingredient truffles come together quickly and are beyond delicious. I’ll show you how to turn these into a Halloween treat, but I’m also sharing other ideas for different holidays below. And be sure to try my mini cupcakes, Halloween charcuterie board, and spooky monster Halloween cookies next time you’re making a treat!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
- What You'll Love About Halloween Oreo Truffles
- How to Make Oreo Truffles
- Storage Instructions
- Want More?
- More Easy Treats
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Halloween Oreo Truffles
- Taste SO good
- Fun and festive for Halloween
- Easy to make
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Fun for everyone to decorate
- Oreo cookies – You’ll obviously need oreos to make oreo truffle balls! Use regular oreos for a classic version, but if you want to switch up the flavors, you can use whatever flavor you like.
- Cream cheese – Use full fat cream cheese for best results.
- Candy melts – You’ll need a white “chocolate” that melts. You can use candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Writing gel or candy eyes – This is what you’ll use to decorate the truffles to look like ghosts.
How to Make Oreo Truffles
This is an overview on how to make no-bake oreo truffles, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Can I make these oreo cookie truffles for a different holiday?
Yes, this recipe can be used all year long and once you try it, you’ll want to make them on a regular basis. 🙂 Simply shape into balls and then you can decorate however you like! Here are some ideas:
- Halloween Monster truffles – Similar to my monster cookies, you can use bright colors and monster eyes.
- Christmas – Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles while the chocolate is still tacky. Or drizzle with a red and green candy melt.
- Valentine’s Day – Use a pink candy melt and top with heart sprinkles.
- Birthday – Add bright and colorful sprinkles.
Can I use different type of oreos?
Yes, these are so simple and easy to customize. Next up on my list is to try golden oreos, YUM!
Do oreo truffles need to be refrigerated?
Yes, oreo truffle recipes like this one need to be stored in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze oreo truffles?
Yes, you can also freeze oreo truffles. Store in an airtight container, preferably wrapped in plastic wrap, that’s placed in freezer bags or stasher bags.
More Easy Treats
If you like this recipe for oreo truffle balls, you might also like some of these other easy treats:
- Halloween Monster Cookies
- Mini Cupcakes
- Crumbl Copycat Pink Cookies
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Make these cute Halloween Oreo truffles for a fun and easy Halloween treat that’s almost too adorable to eat!
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. white candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark
- black writing gel or candy eyes
- In a food processor or blender, process the Oreos until you have fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and process until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the dough has firmed up. (This makes it easier to work with.)
- While the Oreo truffles are in the freezer, melt the candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark. You can use the microwave, microwaving in about 15 second increments and stirring in between or use a double boiler on the stove.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer, roll each ball of dough out into the shape of a ghost. Then, using a fork, coat the entire truffle with melted white chocolate, tap off excess chocolate, and set back onto the parchment paper lined sheet pan. If you are using candy eyes for the eyes, be sure to place them on while the chocolate is still tacky.
- Allow the chocolate layer to harden. Once the chocolate is firm, use the black writing gel to draw the eyes and the mouth.
Keywords: oreo truffles recipe, Halloween oreo truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!