Make these cute Halloween Oreo truffles for a fun and easy Halloween treat that’s almost too adorable to eat!
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. white candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark
- black writing gel or candy eyes
- In a food processor or blender, process the Oreos until you have fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and process until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the dough has firmed up. (This makes it easier to work with.)
- While the Oreo truffles are in the freezer, melt the candy melts, white chocolate chips or almond bark. You can use the microwave, microwaving in about 15 second increments and stirring in between or use a double boiler on the stove.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer, roll each ball of dough out into the shape of a ghost. Then, using a fork, coat the entire truffle with melted white chocolate, tap off excess chocolate, and set back onto the parchment paper lined sheet pan. If you are using candy eyes for the eyes, be sure to place them on while the chocolate is still tacky.
- Allow the chocolate layer to harden. Once the chocolate is firm, use the black writing gel to draw the eyes and the mouth.
Keywords: oreo truffles recipe, Halloween oreo truffles