Learn how to make ham fried rice at home in just 20 minutes! This easy ham fried rice recipe is made with leftover apricot glazed ham, which helps it come together really quickly. The ham fried rice ingredients are pretty basic, but if you don’t have the leftover apricot glazed ham, you can use thick-cut deli ham instead.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of Contents
Ham Fried Rice Ingredients
Don’t be intimidated by the ham fried rice ingredient list, most of them are pantry staples.
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Garlic – Use fresh or use frozen as a kitchen shortcut
- Ginger – Use fresh or use frozen/tubed ginger as a kitchen shortcut
- Green onions
- Pea pods
- Leftover apricot glazed ham – or use a thick-cut deli ham
- Cooked and chilled rice
How to Make Ham Fried Rice
This easy ham fried rice takes just 20 minutes to pull together. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner and a great way to use up leftover ham if you have it.
- Prep. Whenever you’re making stir fry, it’s important to prep all of the ham fried rice ingredients, as the cooking goes quick! Whisk eggs with soy sauce. Mix sauce. Mince garlic and ginger. Slice green onions, veggies, and apricot glazed ham.
- Cook eggs. Heat sesame oil in a nonstick pan and pour eggs into pan and swirl to spread them out in an even layer. Cook, then gently roll egg down on itself. The eggs will continue to cook, so they should be close to cooked through, but don’t need to be 100%. Set aside and slice.
- Stir fry veggies. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook veggies until crisp-tender.
- Season ham fried rice. Add soy sauce mixture, rice, ham, and egg to pan. Toss to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is hot.
- Garnish. Serve with green onions, sriracha, and extra soy sauce if desired.
Easy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
Learn how to make ham fried rice at home in just 20 minutes! It makes an easy + fast weeknight meal.
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1” knob ginger (or 1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 8 oz. pea pods
- 1 cup leftover cooked ham (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- optional toppings: sriracha, chile garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame seeds
- Prep ingredients:
In a small bowl, whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
Mince garlic and ginger.
Thinly slice green onions, discarding roots.
Thinly slice veggies.
Slice ham into small pieces.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. When hot, pour in eggs and gently swirl pan to spread eggs in an even layer Let cook, undisturbed, for 1 minute. Gently roll the egg over onto itself, starting at the top of the pan, and rolling down on itself. The eggs will continue to cook, so don’t worry if they aren’t fully cooked. Slice and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add green onion, ginger, and garlic to pan. Saute for 30 seconds-1 minute then add in vegetables and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to pan. Add rice, ham, and eggs and toss to coat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until everything is hot.
- Serve with green onions, sriracha, and extra soy sauce if desired.
- Leftover apricot glazed ham is perfect in this recipe, but you can also use thick-cut deli ham.
- Get your kids involved! They can: whisk eggs, and top their own bowls. Rice should be cold so cook a day or two in advance!
- Use a large pan or wok for this dish.
Keywords: ham fried rice, easy ham fried rice, ham fried rice recipe, how to make ham fried rice
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.