Learn how to make ham fried rice at home in just 20 minutes! It makes an easy + fast weeknight meal.
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1” knob ginger (or 1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 8 oz. pea pods
- 1 cup leftover cooked ham (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- optional toppings: sriracha, chile garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame seeds
- Prep ingredients:
In a small bowl, whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
Mince garlic and ginger.
Thinly slice green onions, discarding roots.
Thinly slice veggies.
Slice ham into small pieces.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. When hot, pour in eggs and gently swirl pan to spread eggs in an even layer Let cook, undisturbed, for 1 minute. Gently roll the egg over onto itself, starting at the top of the pan, and rolling down on itself. The eggs will continue to cook, so don’t worry if they aren’t fully cooked. Slice and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add green onion, ginger, and garlic to pan. Saute for 30 seconds-1 minute then add in vegetables and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to pan. Add rice, ham, and eggs and toss to coat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until everything is hot.
- Serve with green onions, sriracha, and extra soy sauce if desired.
- Leftover apricot glazed ham is perfect in this recipe, but you can also use thick-cut deli ham.
- Get your kids involved! They can: whisk eggs, and top their own bowls. Rice should be cold so cook a day or two in advance!
- Use a large pan or wok for this dish.
Keywords: ham fried rice, easy ham fried rice, ham fried rice recipe, how to make ham fried rice