The easiest breakfast egg bake with ham! My easy egg bake recipe (aka baked egg casseroles) are a genius breakfast creation because you can do all of the work the night before, sleep in (HA!), and then wake up to a ham and cheese egg bake that just needs time in the oven while you get your coffee started. Delicious, decadent, add this ham and cheese egg bake to your brunch menu, STAT!
This egg bake recipe with ham features a base of croissants. YES, croissants. The croissants are then topped with diced ham, shredded cheddar cheese, and the egg mixture.
Let your easy ham and cheese egg bake sit in the fridge overnight, then when you wake up, all you have to do is put your oven baked eggs in the oven to bake! It’s basically the best egg bake recipe out there.
I’m so excited to partner with Minnesota Pork to bring you this Ham and Cheese Egg Bake recipe. Pork is both versatile and healthy and we love including it in our family meals on a regular basis! (Especially in the form of ham.) Did you know that there are more than 3,000 pig farms right here in Minnesota? You can learn more about the pig farming happening in our backyard here.
How to Make Easy Egg Bake Recipe:
I’m going to show you exactly how to make this overnight egg bake!
- Prepare your ingredients for this easy ham and cheese egg bake. Cut or tear up croissants, Dice ham. Whisk egg mixture together.
- Layer your baked egg casserole. First sprinkle in croissant pieces, and then top with diced ham and cheddar cheese. Pour over egg mixture.
- Refrigerate egg and ham bake overnight. One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is that it can be prepped the night ahead, for an easy brunch meal.
- Bake. Finish the easy egg bake recipe in the oven.
How Long to Bake Egg Casserole:
This cheesy ham and egg bake takes 30 minutes to bake. The cook time can vary a bit, based on casserole dish size and oven temperature. The important thing is that the eggs are set and cooked through entirely.
How to Store Breakfast Egg Bake with Ham:
This ham and egg bake should be stored in the refrigerator. It will last about 3-4 days in the fridge. Reheat in a 350 degree oven or microwave until hot.
Can You Freeze Egg Bake Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this ham cheese egg bake, but I definitely prefer it fresh as the texture of eggs can be compromised a bit after freezing. Thaw and reheat the ham and cheese egg bake in the oven or microwave until hot.
Baked Egg Casserole Nutrition + Swaps:
The full nutrition stats for this easy egg bake recipe can be found below, but each generous serving has about 366 calories and 20 grams of protein. It’s the perfect size for breakfast. 🙂
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Sprouted bread. Swap out the croissants for sprouted bread. Not quite as decadent or special, but a great, protein-packed breakfast!
- Add some veggies. Along with the ham and cheese, sprinkle in diced peppers, onions, or tomatoes.
Get Your Kids Involved:
Whenever I can, I like to involve my kids in the cooking process! And it’s important to note that this will look different each and every time. You don’t need to have them be involved in each and every step – maybe they stop by and chop up some croissants with a kid knife, or they help whisk the eggs. It can be casual. 🙂
Here are some specific ways they can help:
- Cut croissants with kid knife
- Sprinkle croissant pieces, ham, and half of cheddar cheese into casserole dish
- Crack eggs into bowl
- Season eggs with salt, pepper, and mustard
- Pour egg mixture over croissants, ham, and cheese
- Sprinkle cheese over top
More Egg Recipes:
If you like the sounds of this ham and cheese egg bake recipe, you must love eggs like me! Try out some of my other egg recipes, here are a few favorites:
- Breakfast Tacos with Chipotle Sour Cream – The Southern California way of eating eggs! 😉 Whatever you do, don’t skip the chipotle sour cream!!!
- Pizza Frittata – Is it pizza? Is it fritatta? Does it matter? NOPE. It’s a fun way to eat eggs – and pizza!
- Easy Shakshuka – If you aren’t familiar with shakshuka, it may sound a little odd, but I promise, it’s good. Also makes a great breakfast-for-dinner.
- Full English Breakfast – Not 100% traditional, but this meal is another great breakfast-for-dinner option.
Helpful Tools for Ham and Cheese Egg Bake:
- Kids Knife – Have your kids cut up the croissants with this kid-safe knife. (See tips for getting your kids involved in cooking this egg bake with ham above.)
- Glass Bowls – I love this set of nesting bowls. They are great for prep, and nice enough to serve out of.
Add this easy egg bake recipe to your brunch menu! Ham and cheese egg bake (baked egg casserole) is made the night before, so you can sleep in!
- Spray 9×11 (or 9×13) inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Tear or chop croissants up into small pieces (about 2 inches) and place in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with diced ham and 2 oz. (about half, or 1/2 cup) of the cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, half & half, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over casserole.
- Cover with foil and let sit overnight or for at least a few hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake casserole uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Uncooked egg bake can be refrigerated overnight or for a few hours.
Keywords: egg bake with ham, ham, breakfast egg bake