This easy salmon Caesar salad is a family favorite at our house! (Although, full disclosure, while my kids love Caesar salad, they prefer bottled Caesar dressing so I serve it with both my homemade dressing and their favorite bottled version!). Not only is this Caesar salad with salmon a nutritious and delicious meal, but it’s incredibly easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight dinner meal.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
- What You'll Love About Salmon Caesar Salad
- How to Make Caesar Salad with Salmon
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Salmon Caesar Salad
- How to Feed Caesar Salad with Salmon to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Salmon Caesar Salad
- Flavorful meal that tastes so good
- Drizzled with the best Caesar dressing
- Made with nutritious ingredients
- Easy to make
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- Just 20 minutes cook time
- Bread – We’re making homemade croutons for this salad so you can really use any type of good, artisan bread. I like using a baguette, but you could also use sourdough, multigrain, or a roasted garlic loaf.
- Oil – We’ll use an olive oil to make the croutons.
- Lettuce – Use romaine hearts for the crunchiest salad. If you prefer to use a mix of greens, use romaine with a darker green like red leaf lettuce or shredded kale.
- Salmon – Look for salmon fillets portions that are about 5-6 ounces per fillet. You can use skin-on or skin-off – either will work.
- Parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for best flavor, or high-quality pre-shredded Parmesan for convenience.
- Homemade Caesar dressing – Garlic, anchovy paste, salt, egg yolk, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and vegetable oil or avocado oil.
How to Make Caesar Salad with Salmon
This is an overview on how to make pan-seared salmon Caesar salad, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Is Caesar salad healthy?
Well I say everything is healthy. 🙂 Some foods are more nutritious than others, but all food serves a purpose. This Caesar salmon salad has protein, carbs, produce, and healthy fats. OH, and FLAVOR. So I would say, yes, it’s incredibly delicious AND nutritious.
How many calories is in a Caesar salad?
The calories in Caesar salad will of course depend on ingredients and portion size, but this particular Caesar salmon salad has an estimated 536 calories per serving. The full nutrition facts estimate can be found below the recipe card and will vary on the exact amounts of dressing, salmon, and croutons you use.
Can I make this Caesar salad with grilled salmon?
Yes! To make a grilled salmon Caesar salad, you can prepare as directed but instead of cooking the salmon in a skillet, you can grill outside. Grilling instructions can be found below in the recipe card, it’s a great option for warmer months, especially if you don’t like cooking fish inside.
This Caesar salad recipe is best served immediately, but if you have leftovers, store components separately in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. (I prefer to use dressing within a day since it has a raw egg!)
How to reheat salmon
You can serve the leftover salmon cold or at room temperature or heat in a 350 degrees F oven or in a hot skillet, just until heated through.
What to Serve with Salmon Caesar Salad
This Caesar salad with salmon is really meant to be a full meal, but if you want to serve it with a simple side, here are some ideas:
- Garlic toast or grilled bread
- Fresh fruit
- Pasta if you want my Caesar pasta salad with salmon
How to Feed Caesar Salad with Salmon to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend serving the salad components separate and let kids create their own salad (if they are older than toddlers!). If it’s a new food, serve a tiny portion in a pinch bowl (taster bowl). Serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like bread and butter, fruit, and milk.
Follow Emily on Instagram or TikTok for family dinner recipe videos and tips for feeding kids.
Prefer to get updates by email?
More Easy Salmon Recipes
If you like this easy salmon recipe, you might also like these other easy salmon recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
This salmon Caesar salad is a fantastic weeknight dinner that’s delicious and nutritious! Made with simple ingredients + ready in 30 minutes.
- 8 oz. baguette
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt
- 3 hearts of romaine lettuce (about 6–8 cups sliced)
- 1 lb. salmon filet
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese for serving
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. anchovy paste
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Make croutons. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear half of baguette (about 4 ounces) into small pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Make dressing. Mince garlic and anchovy paste so that it forms a paste. Add a pinch of salt and use the side of your knife to scrape this together so that you don’t have big chunks of garlic. Place into a jar. Add egg yolk, lemon juice, dijon, and oil to jar. Shake until emulsified.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Thinly slice.
- Cook salmon. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and place salmon, skin side up and cook for 4 minutes, flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Assemble salad. In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuce and dressing. Top with shredded parmesan cheese, croutons, and salmon. Top with freshly cracked pepper.
- Grilled salmon directions: Preheat grill to medium-high. Prepare foil pan, drizzle salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place skin side down and grill for 6 minutes. Carefully flip over and grill another 4-5 minutes, or until cooked thorough and flakes easily. It should reach 145 degrees F.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 536
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 1506.7 mg
- Fat: 26.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 36.7 g
- Cholesterol: 108.9 mg
Keywords: salmon caesar salad, caesar salad with salmon
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!