This this arugula salad with dried figs has alllllll of the salad components you need to make a flavorful, satisfying, and crave-worthy salad. What exactly is this simple arugula salad all about? Let me explain.
A bed of arugula. A punchy vinaigrette. Sweet figs. Crunchy nuts. Salty blue cheese. OH.MY.GOD!!!
This is a paid post with California Figs, who I’m so excited to partner with to bring you this delicious and Thanksgiving-worthy salad recipe! California Figs just released a new cookbook – a collection of recipes for fig lovers. It’s full of breakfast ideas, sweet and savory recipes, and so much more! Learn more at CaliforniaFigs.com.
When I’ve gone to Thanksgiving dinners in the past, I was always asked to bring the salads. Like I couldn’t be trusted to put butter in the mashed potatoes or something…
I used to feel slightly annoyed, because I actually never hold back on butter. (Or anything, really!) But then I just decided to go with it. Because every holiday table needs something green on it anyway!
And when California Figs asked for Thanksgiving dried fig recipes? It was an easy choice. A green salad featuring dried figs!
Are Dried Figs Good For You?
Yes! Dried figs are a nutritious food, and there are so many benefits to eating dried figs! The biggest benefit to eating figs (besides the fact that they taste great!) is that they are really high in fiber. A small handful of figs has about 5 grams of fiber (about 20% of the recommended fiber goal!).
Here are some of the dried fig nutrition stats you may be interested in, per dried fig:
- 21 calories
- 5 grams carbohydrates
- 1 gram fiber
What Is Arugula Salad?
I’m always on the hunt for arugula salad ideas! This arugula salad features peppery arugula with sweet, salty, and crunchy components.
There are many different types of arugula salad recipes out there. I share a few of my favorites below!
How to Make Arugula Salad with Dried Figs:
This easy arugula salad is perfect for holiday entertaining…or a simple dinner at home. Here’s how we make this salad:
- Mix up the arugula salad dressing. Whisk together the shallots, mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar.
TIP: To simplify this process, add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a small jar. Cover and shake until dressing is emulsified and smooth. You can make and store the dressing in this jar.
- Prepare ingredients: Quarter or thinly slice the figs. Chop nuts if necessary.
- Assemble arugula salad. Right before serving, toss salad dressing with arugula. Sprinkle with dried figs, pecans, and blue cheese crumbles.
- The best arugula salad is ready to serve!
TIP: Do not dress salad until right before serving or the arugula greens will wilt. No one likes a soggy salad!
How to Prep this Arugula Salad with Dried Figs Recipe:
You might want to meal prep this arugula salad with dried figs and it’s incredibly easy to do so! Whether you’re making it for Thanksgiving and want to prep as much as you can ahead of time or just prepping it for a weeknight dinner, here are a few ways to do so:
- Mix up the salad dressing. Homemade dressing elevates the salad, don’t skip it!
- Crumble blue cheese if necessary.
- Wash and dry arugula if necessary. I usually buy my arugula ready-to-eat, but if you need to clean it, wash and dry and store with a paper towel in the refrigerator to collect any extra moisture.
More Arugula Salad Recipes:
If you like this arugula salad recipe, you might also like some of my other arugula salad recipes! Here are a few of my favorites. (Clearly I have a slight obsession with arugula salads!)
- Arugula & Citrus Salad – This is the salad to eat all winter long. It’s bright, crunchy, and a little creamy!
- Tortellini & Arugula Salad – Pasta, chicken, and greens. It’s all any salad needs!
- Arugula & Quinoa Salad – Nutritious, bright and lemony, and majorly satisfying.
- Flank Steak with Arugula Salad – The best way to entertain! Minimal work, lots of flavor, and just fancy enough!
If you try out this recipe, be sure to leave me a star rating and comment below! I love to see your creations!Print
Make this arugula salad with dried figs for your holiday OR weeknight tables. It’s ready in just 10 min and has bitter, sweet, creamy, and salty components!
- Prep ingredients:
Mix the shallots, mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar into a small jar and shake until emulsified.
Slice figs in quarters or slices.
Crumble blue cheese if necessary.
- Toss arugula with dressing and gently place onto plates or on a large platter.
- Top with figs, pecans, and blue cheese.
- Season with freshly cracked pepper if desired.
- Figs: Can also use one variety if desired.
- Vinegar: Can also use a different variety like fig or balsamic vinegar.
Keywords: arugula salad with dried figs, side salad
Thank you SO much for supporting My Everyday Table. This post may have affiliate links, which do not add any additional charge to you, but help me to continue to bring free content to you. I only share products that I use myself. Thanks for being here. 🙂