Learn how to cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker! This slow cooker whole chicken takes just a few minutes to prep. Serve it with whatever sides you like, or the roasted vegetables in the recipe. Either way, crockpot whole chicken is a great option.Print
- 5 lb. whole chicken (about that weight)
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. paprika (regular or smoked)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 16 oz. carrots (baby or whole)
- 2 bulbs fennel (about 1.25 lbs.)
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 baguette
- olive oil/butter
- Prepare ingredients:
Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
Stir together salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Rub chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle spice mix rub all over chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, checking to make sure it reaches 165 degrees. Carefully lift chicken out of slow cooker and place on pan or baking dish. Broil for a few minutes to crisp up skin. Reserve about 2 cups of chopped chicken for later in the week.
- 35 minutes before you want to eat, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Slice carrots in 2 inch pieces. Slice fennel and remove core. Slice onion. Place on large sheet pan and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with baguette.
- Get your kids involved! They can: mix together spice rub, toss vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle on salt.
Keywords: slow cooker whole chicken, crockpot whole chicken