It’s the Jennifer Aniston chocolate banana protein shake…for real people.
Stars are just like us and they drink smoothies for breakfast. 🙂
The New Jennifer Aniston Protein Smoothie
In Jen’s latest Vital Proteins campaign, she shares a chocolate smoothie featuring chocolate collagen and it’s pretty similar to the “original” one she shared years ago.
Watch Jennifer Aniston make her smoothie on Instagram:
Jennifer Aniston Chocolate Banana Protein Shake Ingredients
(from her Instagram)
– 1 cup of Chocolate Almond Milk
– 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Chocolate Collagen Peptides
– Cherries and Banana 🍒🍌
– A few drops of Stevia
– 1 cup of ice
Other key players not shown but always added:
– Pinch of cinnamon
– Matcha powder
– Spoonful of Almond Butter
The Original Jennifer Aniston Chocolate Protein Shake
This smoothie was from back in 2015 and I believe I read about it in a magazine and wanted to try it out for myself. (This was originally published in January 2015.) Her “new” smoothie is very similar to the original.
Her daily breakfast is a nutrient-rich smoothie made out of berries, banana, chocolate almond milk and protein powder, maca powder, sprouted almonds and trace mineral drops. When I read about it, I was instantly intrigued and had to try it myself.
What makes her smoothie so great? Let’s break it down:
- berries (cherries and blueberries): full of antioxidants and vitamins
- chocolate almond milk: If you’re using a chocolate protein powder, you can use regular almond milk or chocolate almond milk.
- vegan chocolate protein powder: I recommend using the protein powder that you have and/or like. If you don’t have chocolate, add a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder and a touch of stevia or honey. (I love the vega one line.)
- maca powder: is one of those superfoods you find at the health food store and it’s been used for thousands of years in Incan cultures as a source of nourishment and healing. (Maca is a nutrient-dense packed with vitamins, plant sterols and many essential minerals that can increase staminia, boost libido and combat fatigue. From Navitas Naturals ) I don’t keep any at home (vega one actually has some in it already) and it’s certainly not necessary.
- trace mineral drops: again…not necessary. I’m not sold on mineral drops being an integral part of a smoothie.
- frozen banana: they make smoothies creamy and sweet. It’s always a good idea to have them in your freezer.
- chocolate stevia: use stevia if you have it and like it (any flavor) or a small drizzle of honey if you don’t. (Or skip sweeteners completely!)
- sprouted almonds: uhhh, what?! you might be thinking… but it’s really easy. Soak raw almonds in water overnight and add to the smoothie. Or, if you forget, simply add the almonds before blending. 🙂
If you love berries and chocolate together, you’ll love this smoothie! It makes a great, nutritious breakfast – whether it makes us look like Jennifer Aniston or not!Print
- 1 cup of Chocolate Almond Milk
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Chocolate Collagen Powder
- Cherries and Banana 🍒🍌
- A few drops of Stevia
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Jen’s smoothie additions: spinach, cinnamon, almond butter, matcha powder
- Nutrition facts do not include additional ingredients.
Keywords: chocolate banana protein shake, Jennifer Aniston chocolate shake