Wondering what sauce to use on Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli? This lobster ravioli sauce recipe is a simple and subtle sauce that lets the seafood shine. And while there are a lot of options for sauces, I think this is the best sauce for lobster ravioli as its rich, light, and bright – all at the same time. Just like my lobster grilled cheese – we want to use fresh and light flavors to let the lobster shine. This easy meal is perfect for a fancy dinner at home or even a special occasion.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What sauce goes with lobster ravioli?
- What You’ll Love About Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Best Lobster Ravioli Sauce Video
- Lobster Ravioli Sauce Ingredients
- How to Cook Trader Joe’s Lobster Ravioli
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Lobster Ravioli
- More Easy Pasta Recipes
- More Trader Joe’s Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Best Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
What sauce goes with lobster ravioli?
I wanted to let the lobster shine, so I kept the sauce really simple. Garlic butter and lemon pair well with lobster and so it was a no-brainer!
I’ve also seen cream sauce recipes for lobster ravioli that are made with heavy cream, white wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and parmesan cheese. You could also use alfredo sauce, but I like the lighter flavor of the garlic butter sauce.
What You’ll Love About Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Simple and subtle
- Made with just 4 simple ingredients from any grocery store
- Incredibly easy to make
- Perfect with any shrimp or lobster ravioli
Best Lobster Ravioli Sauce Video
Lobster Ravioli Sauce Ingredients
The butter sauce for lobster ravioli is made with just a few kitchen staples:
- Butter – Use a high quality butter as it’s the main component of the lobster ravioli sauce recipe.
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic for best flavor.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh lemon juice for best flavor. I know I keep repeating myself, but this sauce is so simple and so ingredient quality makes a difference.
- Flaky sea salt – Finish the lobster ravioli and sauce with a dusting of flaky sea salt.
Trader Joe’s Lobster Ravioli Ingredients
Here are the lobster ravioli ingredients:
How to Cook Trader Joe’s Lobster Ravioli
The ravioli is SO simple to make, but I do have a few tips. You’ll want to follow the package instructions, but take these tips with you:
- Gentle boil – You don’t need a hard boil for this, as the ravioli is fragile. A light boil or even a simmer in a medium to large pot of water gets the job done.
- Don’t overcook – Ravioli cooks much faster than regular pasta, I usually take it out a minute or two before the instructions.
- Scoop out – You can certainly drain them over a colander, but given their fragile state, I like to scoop them out with a slotted spoon.
How to Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce
This garlic butter sauce for lobster ravioli is SO simple to make.
- Prep ingredients. This sauce comes together in just a few minutes, so it’s important to have the garlic and lemon juice ready to go.
- Make butter sauce. Melt butter in a 12″ Nonstick Frying Pan or large skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant, being careful to not burn. Stir in lemon juice to butter sauce and add cooked ravioli to skillet. Don’t worry if the butter starts to get brown – it’s a brown butter sauce! 🙂
- Toss lobster ravioli. Toss ravioli with butter garlic sauce to coat.
- Finish pasta. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
TIP: (Optional) garnish with lemon zest, fresh parsley, or red pepper flakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli good?
Yes, the lobster ravioli is good! Is it better than homemade lobster ravioli? Probably not, but I won’t be making that anytime soon, so this is a great alternative.
Is Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli real lobster?
Yes, the first ingredient in TJ’s lobster ravioli filling is…lobster meat! I will say, if you are expecting large lobster chunks, you will be disappointed as the filling is very finely shredded lobster.
Do I have to use Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli?
No, you can use this sauce for any prepared lobster ravioli.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat gently in the microwave or in a hot skillet, just until heated throughout so as to not overcook it.
Can you freeze lobster ravioli?
I wouldn’t advise freezing the lobster ravioli after it’s already been cooked.
What to Serve with Lobster Ravioli
All this lobster ravioli needs is some vegetables:
More Easy Pasta Recipes
If you like this lobster stuffed ravioli and sauce recipe, you might also like some of these other easy pasta recipes:
More Trader Joe’s Recipes
If you like this Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli recipe, you might also like some of these other easy Trader Joe’s recipes + reviews:
- 36 Quick + Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes
- Trader Joe’s Gyoza
- Chili Onion Crunch
- TJ Orange Chicken
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Shawarma Hummus Bowls
It’s 5pm. Are you still trying to figure out what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Best Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
Wondering what sauce to use on your Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli? This EASY garlic butter sauce is light and bright to let the lobster shine.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- flaky sea salt
- 18 oz. lobster ravioli (or about that)
Keywords: Trader Joe’s lobster ravioli, lobster ravioli sauce recipe, best sauce for lobster ravioli
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!