Easy Trader Joe’s Turkey Stuffed Peppers are an easy weeknight meal that combine turkey sauce, brown rice and cheese for a filling, delicious dinner.
This. is. a. good. one.
Stuffed peppers are not a meal that I grew up eating yet they taste like comfort to me. And as the weather is (finally!) starting to take a fall-like turn, it’s just the kind of meal I want this time of year.
It’s warm and cozy, gooey and cheesy and wholesome all at the same time. Is there a better combination? I don’t think so. AND! Demi (my #1 taster these days) happily gobbled this up, peppers and all.
In true TJ’s for dinner fashion, ingredients are minimal, flavor is NOT lacking and it comes together in about 20 minutes + some time in the oven.
Then dinner is on the table, and everyone is happy. Or at least that’s the ideal. How do you guys handle meal time as a family? Eat together? Kids eat and parents eat later? We have not mastered this and Demi eats about 2 minutes after we get home from picking her up and then Richie and I eat after she goes to bed. Not eating as a family is the one big mom guilt I have, so I’d love to hear how you handle dinners as a family!
So turkey stuffed peppers – here are the ingredients: turkey bolognese (or use simple turkey sauce), microwavable brown rice (or make the real deal), cheese, peppers (organic if possible, peppers are on the dirty dozen list) and some arugula or other greens for a simple side salad to round out the meal and add that extra dose of green vegetables. Easy peasy.
Let’s make dinner, shall we?Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers and remove top, seeds and membranes.
- Prepare bolognese and rice as directed.
- Stir together bolognese, rice, 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional) and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Stand peppers in baking dish and divide rice mixture between the peppers.
- Top with remaining cheese and top baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, broiling for 2-3 minutes at the end if necessary to brown cheese.
- Meanwhile prepare salad: toss greens with favorite dressing or a simple combination of a drizzle of olive oil, splash of vinegar and salt & pepper.