Trader Joe’s falafel is popular for a reason – it’s delicious! I love them in pita sandwiches (it’s a classic for a reason!), but you can also serve it so many other ways and I’m sharing ideas for falafel bowls, salads, and wraps below. And while this is simple (in line with my easy Trader Joe’s recipes), there are extra topping ideas in the recipe card if you’d like to make them more complex. Serve them with my easy Greek chickpea salad or a cucumber salad for a tasty falafel meal that’s ready in 10-15 minutes.
While you’re in the freezer aisle of TJ’s, be sure to grab the items from the best frozen Trader Joe’s items, best and worst Trader Joe’s frozen appetizers, Trader Joe’s dumplings, and frozen Trader Joe’s hash browns in air fryer.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
Does Trader Joe’s Sell Falafel?
Yes! Trader Joe’s has a frozen and fully cooked falafel (just needs to be heated), as well as the Trader Joe’s falafel mix (which needs to be mixed and cooked). Both are great options, but I’ll be reviewing the fully cooked frozen variety. Head to the frozen food aisle and grab yourself a bag of this addictive and beloved product.
Trader Joe’s Falafel Review
The fully cooked falafel from Trader Joe’s is fantastic, here’s what makes it great:
- Deliciously crispy on the outside and tender in the inside
- Can be used in so many different ways
- Easy to prepare
- Plant-based protein option
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free
Here are the Trader Joe’s falafel ingredients: Falafel (soaked garbanzo beans [garbanzo beans, water], onion, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, spices [coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper]), rice flour, soybean oil, cornstarch, sodium bicarbonate.
Ways to Use Trader Joe’s Frozen Falafel
There are a few ways to eat up these falafel balls! I’ve shared instructions on how to serve the components as a pita sandwich below, but here are some other ideas:
- Falafel Pita Sandwich – Simply serve the falafel in a toasted pita bread pocket and top with tzatziki sauce, sliced cucumbers and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bowls – Layer Trader Joe’s fully cooked falafel patties over a bed of rice or quinoa and top with sliced cucumbers, tzatziki sauce, hummus, chopped tomatoes, minced red onion, feta cheese, and any other toppings you might like.
- Salad – Layer falafel over a big green salad (I like a blend of romaine for crunch and spinach for color, but any will work) and top with sliced cucumbers, tzatziki sauce, hummus, chopped tomatoes, feta cheese, and crushed pita crackers.
- Wrap – Place falafel on a tortilla or lavash wrap and top with tzatziki sauce. Add chopped garlic and tomatoes and roll up.
Best Toppings for Falafel
Falafel is a staple dish in Middle Eastern cuisine and there are so many ways to enjoy it. Whether you’re serving it up as a sandwich, wrap, or salad….these toppings will work for it all!
- Drizzle of tahini sauce
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Pickled red onions
Turn a bag of Trader Joe’s groceries into dinner!
Download your FREE 5-day dinner plan + grocery list.
More Trader Joe’s Reviews
Looking for the low-down on your favorite items? Here are the details and reviews:
More Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes
If you like this recipe for falafel from Trader Joe’s, you might also like these other easy TJ recipes:
Trader Joe’s Falafel Sandwich Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegetarian
Turn frozen Trader Joe’s falafel into a delicious meal with just a few minutes prep time. It’s vegetarian and made with just 4 ingredients!
- 2 packages Trader Joe’s falafel (heat and eat)
- english cucumber (or regular, but peel)
- pita bread (white or whole wheat)
- Prepare falafel according to package instructions.
- Thinly slice cucumber.
- Toast pita bread.
- Assemble falafel sandwiches. Stuff falafel and cucumber slices into pita bread. Top with tzatziki and freshly cracked pepper if desired.
- Extra Ingredients for More Flavor: hummus, feta cheese (their block of feta is amazing), minced red onion, diced tomatoes, garlic spread
- How to Air Fry Frozen Falafel: Air fry at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
Keywords: Trader Joe’s falafel
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.