Do you know how to make steak quesadillas? The whole family will love this SIMPLE steak quesadillas recipe that’s also loaded with veggies!
- Prepare ingredients: Dice peppers and onion. Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt and sprinkle with garlic powder and cumin.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add peppers and onion to pan and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Set aside and wipe out pan with paper towel.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to pan and when hot, add steak to pan. Cook until desired doneness, which will depend on cut of steak. I cooked my shaved beef steak for about 2 minutes per side. Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Assemble quesadillas. In large skillet over medium heat, layer in the following order: bottom tortilla, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 2/3 cup pepper mixture, 1/2 cup steak, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, and top tortilla.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and when cheese starts to melt, carefully flip over with large flipper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings. (See topping ideas in post or below)
- Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, avocado, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce
Keywords: steak quesadillas, how to make steak quesadillas, steak and cheese quesadillas