This Mediterranean tortellini pasta salad recipe has everything we love in a pasta salad – chewy pasta, homemade vinaigrette, crunch and color, and loads of flavorful and salty bites.
For the dressing:
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or use citrus zester!)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 20 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber (about half cucumber, sliced into half moons)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
- 4 oz. thick cut salami (chopped)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil ribbons
- In a large bowl, combine lemon zest, red wine vinegar, olive oil, vegetable oil, grated garlic, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Whisk until emulsified.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions in salted water. Rinse with cold water and add to bowl with dressing. Toss with dressing.
- Prepare ingredients:
Thinly slice cucumber.
Slice tomatoes in half.
Slice olives in half.
Roughly chop pepperoncini if necessary.
Thinly slice basil.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, olives, and pepperoncini in a large bowl. Gently toss together.
- Garnish with sliced basil.
Keywords: tortellini pasta salad, tortellini pasta salad recipe, cheese tortellini pasta salad, Mediterranean pasta salad,